Firefox 109 Available With Unified Extensions Button, Other Small Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pkese View Post

It's apparently been available since 107. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/unified-extensions
    Ah, that. Thanks.

After you butcher your extensions ecosystem, I guess it makes sense to mix what's left with themes. Because... why not?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Ah, that. Thanks.

After you butcher your extensions ecosystem, I guess it makes sense to mix what's left with themes. Because... why not?
      I miss downloader addon

Comment

Originally posted by poopooracoocoo View Post
        Firefox is nothing like what it used be. It used to have amazing add-ons and customisability.
        I've been using Pale Moon for 95% of my browsing the last couple of years. Of course I'm not addicted to Netflix and I don't live my life in the google cloud, so it's easy for me to just browse random web pages like Phoronix. I use Librewolf for the 5% of stuff Pale Moon can't render, although off the top of my head I can't recall a site I've had trouble with recently [Edit - Tutanota - can't currently read Tutanota webmail with Pale Moon]. Pale Moon is continuously improving, and we have extensions like Palefill to smooth out the rough edges with sites like github.

Pale Moon still has an active community of add-on developers, and quite a few of the add-ons have superior functionality to the webextensions versions, which makes sense, since XUL was always more powerful than writing a webextension. For example, eMatrix seems superior to noscript for fine-tuned script blocking.
        Last edited by andyprough; 16 January 2023, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
          I miss downloader addon
          I never used the various downloader addons, but I've noticed that Pale Moon does still have modern versions of them. Might be worth having Pale Moon on your system just to do downloading or various functions like that.

Comment

- The CSS "content-visibility" property now supports the value "auto" that will allow content to skip rendering if it is not relevant to the user.
            If I understand this correctly, this should translate into a significant performance gain for ublock.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
              Now that Manifest v3 is in place, lets start the countdown to the point where the Mozilla Foundation folds like a cheat suit, to its main sponsor's desire of a adblock-free "experience".
              Yeah!!!

THAT WILL BE GREAT!!!

Imagine all of us surfing (un)happily on the shitty-web full with all those adds provided by Google & Cia...

Ain't that gone be cool?!?!?!?!?!

(that will probably be the day that i will either go back to my cave or that i start using the Links browser)

edit: sad thing is that's most surely going to happen because no one knows better how to follow google like Firefox devs - that's why they have shrunk their user base so much!!!
              Last edited by Mavman; 16 January 2023, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermilion View Post

GNOME Web already have support for WebExtensions. And they, indeed, follow the Firefox implementation.
                And Falkon and Konqueror have already laid some groundwork to support Chrome addons. So yeah, GNOME Web and other smaller browsers are catching up, kpedersen

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

And Falkon and Konqueror have already laid some groundwork to support Chrome addons. So yeah, GNOME Web and other smaller browsers are catching up, kpedersen
                  Do they support something like ublock nowadays?
                  Last time I checked the TL;DR was that it's not possible with qtwebengine currently.

Comment

Originally posted by Berniyh View Post
                    Do they support something like ublock nowadays?
                    Last time I checked the TL;DR was that it's not possible with qtwebengine currently.
                    As you probably know, Falkon has built-in adblocking, so supporting uBlock is probably not a big priority. uBlock makes a legacy XUL extension that works perfectly on Pale Moon and SeaMonkey.

Comment

updated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOUWCDwteIw

Comment

Working...
                      X