Firefox 108 Now Available With WebMIDI, Import Maps Enabled By Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post

I don't think our service is indicative of everyone but I wanted to give an example and background.
    You need more than some to lift a theoretical standard to a living standard. In fact you need most relevant parties.
    ​​you literally just quoted me saying that shopify used it, shopfiy is a very relevant party I have also seen various other services actively using JXL, services such as premionic have been serving them.

If browsers don't implement the standard, then it's dead for web usage. Today chrome has by far the most marketshare and dictates standards. It simply doesn't matter what the w3c or facebook or shopify are thinking if people can not use it.
    ​​thats not how it works, browsers will implement the formats people need, you can absolutely bully a browser into supporting a format if enough people use it. JXL still very much has that chance. especially with services shipping JXL already, if someone, even firefox came out and started supporting it, many other services would pick up JXL. because the benefit of servring JXL to those viewers outweighs not serving it at all. especially for people on slow, or data capped internet.

That's a hilarious answer. Don't answer when you're mad. Answer when you put some thoughts and real life consideration into it.
    no one is angry or mad, the excuse here is utterly absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by Svyatko View Post

Already done - look for the setting image.jxl.enabled - it exists in FF 107.​

Needs decoder: https://github.com/libjxl/libjxl
      Package is available for openSUSE Tumbleweed, officially isn't available for openSUSE Leap.
      It can be enabled only in nightly builds:

web browser compatibility support html css svg html5 css3 opera chrome firefox safari internet explorer

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post

Been using it since Netscape Navigator, can't complain much.

I only got upset about the deprecation of XUL addons and redesigns which have made the browser look insipid, more like a chrome clone.

Oh, and Firefox loves to thrash your SSD. Probably the worst browser in that regard.
        for interest, my observation is if one runs iotop whilst firefox and any chrome based browser is running one may have a different viewpoint

Comment

Working...
        X