No announcement yet.

Firefox 108 Now Available With WebMIDI, Import Maps Enabled By Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Firefox is going to be the only browser with support for Jpeg-xl.. then you might want to consider this image format dead as well.

Comment

Why so much hate for Firefox? I don't get it. It is the best browser, especially on Linux. And even if it wasn't, do you really need a monopoly again? Seems i am old now, and the comments are from younger people who don't remember the Netscape/Internet Explorer days.... Chrome is basically almost what IE was 20-25 years ago. We don't need so much power into one browser. So even if for some reason you prefer Chrome, you shouldn't attack Firefox in that way, because it is essentially the only other option we have left. It is not like anyone is forcing you to use Firefox or pay for it...

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
        Why so much hate for Firefox? I don't get it. It is the best browser, especially on Linux. And even if it wasn't, do you really need a monopoly again? Seems i am old now, and the comments are from younger people who don't remember the Netscape/Internet Explorer days.... Chrome is basically almost what IE was 20-25 years ago. We don't need so much power into one browser. So even if for some reason you prefer Chrome, you shouldn't attack Firefox in that way, because it is essentially the only other option we have left. It is not like anyone is forcing you to use Firefox or pay for it...
        Been using it since Netscape Navigator, can't complain much.

I only got upset about the deprecation of XUL addons and redesigns which have made the browser look insipid, more like a chrome clone.

Oh, and Firefox loves to thrash your SSD. Probably the worst browser in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by unic0rn View Post
          nobody cares about either.
          I care

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post
            A long standing bug when Firefox under Linux froze for no reasons has finally been squashed up. It was introduced in version 102. It affected the users of all three GPU vendors.
            In fact it affected everyone - every platform, every GPU, even though for some reason it apparently happened more often on Linux. Really unfortunate bug: https://phabricator.services.mozilla.com/D162760

Comment

Oh, and Firefox loves to thrash your SSD. Probably the worst browser in that regard.
              If you're on Linux, try installing profile-sync-daemon.
              I can recommend it a lot.
              It's is compatible with all browsers (firefox, chromium,...).

Comment

Why so much hate for Firefox?
                There is a lot of manchild here. "If you are not in my team I must hate you", that king of thing.
                Last edited by M@GOid; 12 December 2022, 03:36 PM.

Comment

A long standing bug when Firefox under Linux froze for no reasons has finally been squashed up. It was introduced in version 102. It affected the users of all three GPU vendors.
                  It managed to crash and power off my PowerMac the other day, I assumed it was an overheating problem but maybe not. I haven't really inspected the system properly yet but maybe related?

Comment

Firefox Proton UI is awful. They've killed ​previous much better UI - for what?!!!
                    Firefox is not the only other option.
                    Firefox ditches OpenGL rendering in Linux (setting layers.deaa.enabled), which was faster than Webrender on slow CPUs, and had lower OpenGL version requirement.
                    Mozilla's managers puff up theirs salaries by firing engineers and closing technical projects.

We need something better than today's Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by Svyatko View Post

Firefox Proton UI is awful. They've killed ​previous much better UI - for what?!!!
                      Firefox is not the only other option.
                      Firefox ditches OpenGL rendering in Linux (setting layers.deaa.enabled), which was faster than Webrender on slow CPUs, and had lower OpenGL version requirement.
                      Mozilla's managers puff up theirs salaries by firing engineers and closing technical projects.

We need something better than today's Firefox.
                      Basically all browsers are pretty bloated these days. Makes sense to have twice as much RAM as you'd normally need.

Comment

Working...
                      X