Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 101 Released With Few Notable Changes

Phoronix: Firefox 101 Released With Few Notable Changes

Mozilla Firefox 101 is officially meeting the world today. One week after Google's Chrome 102, it's now time for Mozilla's new monthly update on the Gecko side with Firefox 101...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Not related to 101, but It looks like a proper VA-API support is restored in 102 (for Mesa users).

Comment

Originally posted by nadro View Post
      Not related to 101, but It looks like a proper VA-API support is restored in 102 (for Mesa users).
      That would be good news. Do you have a link to the bug ticket for a read?

Comment

Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post

That would be good news. Do you have a link to the bug ticket for a read?

Comment

Originally posted by nadro View Post
          Thank God and its minions. I tested 103 here and it appears to work without any need of a environment variable.

Comment

How would a user go about to set the prefers-contrast CSS media query to "less"?

Comment

They shoul've backported the hardware acceleration fix!
              That is such an awful bug affecting lots of people and making the portable devices more noisy and consuming more power.

Comment

That's a big version number! I wonder how long it will take Chrome/Firefox to reach version 404 and if they will keep the naming convention until then.

Comment

I hope this'll work for 3rd gen intel graphics. I have a laptop with a 3rd gen i7 (read: a power hog), and offloading to the iGPU might help with that. That said, it might be too old. Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
                    That's a big version number! I wonder how long it will take Chrome/Firefox to reach version 404 and if they will keep the naming convention until then.
                    They will never pass 403.

Comment

Working...
                    X