Firefox 101 Released With Few Notable Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hamishmb View Post
    I hope this'll work for 3rd gen intel graphics. I have a laptop with a 3rd gen i7 (read: a power hog), and offloading to the iGPU might help with that. That said, it might be too old. Anyone know?
    What 3rd gen i7 do you have?

Comment

It's an i7-3632QM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
        That's a big version number! I wonder how long it will take Chrome/Firefox to reach version 404 and if they will keep the naming convention until then.
        Well, with Firefox releasing a new version roughly every month, it will take a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post

They will never pass 403.
          Of course not. They'll skip 204, and after 205 they'll just start over from version 1.

Comment

Originally posted by hamishmb View Post
            I hope this'll work for 3rd gen intel graphics. I have a laptop with a 3rd gen i7 (read: a power hog), and offloading to the iGPU might help with that. That said, it might be too old. Anyone know?
            It works on Ivy Bridge (even back to GMA 4500), have you managed to make it work?
            You basically need to check loaded drivers (libva-intel-driver supports 3rd gen Intel core) and supported codecs with `vainfo` and then block unsupported ones with ff/chromium extensions: enhanced-h264ify or h264ify.
            Last edited by ozeszty; 09 July 2022, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ozeszty View Post

It works on Ivy Bridge (even back to GMA 4500), have you managed to make it work?
              You basically need to check loaded drivers (libva-intel-driver supports 3rd gen Intel core) and supported codecs with `vainfo` and then block unsupported ones with ff/chromium extensions: enhanced-h264ify or h264ify.
              Cheers

I haven't tried it yet, was just an exploratory question. Good to know the backwards compatibility with old hardware is good though. I'm waiting for Firefox to make the config change to enable it - I'm not sure how to do that and searching just confused me even more

Comment

Working...
              X