Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pranav
    replied
    Fedora 36 seems to have 4.0.0. They are usually a little fast on updates, but not on this I guess not when it comes to Huff.

Leave a comment:

• Soul_keeper
    replied
    It seems that the newer harfbuzz versions break some things in steam like l4d2. Untill debian/ubuntu and steam update versions atleast.

failed to dlopen /mnt/storage/steam/steamapps/common/Left 4 Dead 2/bin/chromehtml.so error=/usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol: hb_ft_face_create
    Last edited by Soul_keeper; 22 May 2022, 11:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Artim
    replied
    Originally posted by billyswong View Post

Hey, the next version of HarfBuzz after 2.7 (i.e. 2.8) was published in March 2021. It's just one year. We don't need 8 years of non-maintenance.
    For me that sounds like a limitation coming from Debian. I don't know when exactly the freezes happened for Bullseye, but it's fitting. Even testing uses 2.7.4, so there doesn't seem to be any interest including any newer version just yet, so there's probably some problem with some program wich would need to be fixed for Bookworm to include newer versions of it.

Leave a comment:

• billyswong
    replied
    Originally posted by Nille View Post

probably some stupid application that is not maintained since 8 years does not support newer version.
    Hey, the next version of HarfBuzz after 2.7 (i.e. 2.8) was published in March 2021. It's just one year. We don't need 8 years of non-maintenance.

Leave a comment:

• Nille
    replied
    Originally posted by jabl View Post

Huh, why haven't they updated?
    probably some stupid application that is not maintained since 8 years does not support newer version.

Leave a comment:

• jabl
    replied
    Originally posted by vhaarr View Post
    Ubuntu (devel) and Debian are still stuck on harfbuzz 2.7.4 anyway.
    Huh, why haven't they updated?

Leave a comment:

• vhaarr
    replied
    Ubuntu (devel) and Debian are still stuck on harfbuzz 2.7.4 anyway.

Leave a comment:

• HarfBuzz 4.3 Released With Big Performance Improvements

Phoronix: HarfBuzz 4.3 Released With Big Performance Improvements

HarfBuzz 4.3 was released on Friday as this open-source library that serves as a text shaping engine used by GNOME/GTK, KDE/Qt, Android, Flutter, Java, all major web browsers, and other software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X