KDE's 15-Minute Bug Initiative Gets Underway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having zero knowledge in programming How would one go about reporting a bug
    Every time I use Citrix receiver to remotely connect to an office it works perfect unless I move to a different workspace and come back after that citrix receiver completely crashes and I have to kill the "wfica" process.... Been happening for at least 6 months
    Running Man jaro KD E

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

It is Dolphin itself.
      But whatever I said doesn't explain why Dolphin isn't switching to the proper tab when dragging over it when the source is Ark.

Comment

Originally posted by sinepgib View Post

Well, this will happen with any kind of voluntary work, whether or not it's classified as simple and reproducible. And I think the initiative aims for the voluntary part, rather than paid developers that will necessarily invest much more time in the project.
        The initiative may be aimed at whoever it pleases, I was just hoping to find if they're at least aware of the problems you can spot within 15 minutes. Going by that definition and browsing the defects list, I got my answer: most likely not.

Comment

Originally posted by cytomax55 View Post
          Every time I use Citrix receiver to remotely connect to an office it works perfect unless I move to a different workspace and come back after that citrix receiver completely crashes and I have to kill the "wfica" process.... Been happening for at least 6 months
          Running Man jaro KD E
          You go to https://bugs.kde.org and if you can navigate that monstrosity, you get to post what you posted here.
          You'll probably get a reply that someone tried to reproduce your bug and couldn't* and that will be the end of it.

*my favorite reply was when I reported an issue resulting in a blank screen and someone asked for a... wait for it.. wait... wait... screenshot!

Comment

*my favorite reply was when I reported an issue resulting in a blank screen and someone asked for a... wait for it.. wait... wait... screenshot!
            Care to share the link?

I was just hoping to find if they're at least aware of the problems you can spot within 15 minutes..
            If you never report, no one will know and the chances of it getting fixed will be close to zero. But if you report, it might get fixed. Either way, you have nothing to loose so why not report.

Also realize that these initiatives are driven by the community with most of the developers working on their free time for free.

Comment

Originally posted by cytomax55 View Post
              Running Man jaro KD E
              Interesting question.
              First, you need to figure out the proper bug tracker. Some distros have their own, I'm not entirely sure whether it's better to report to the distro or upstream if you use the default distribution package, but definitely to upstream if you're following latest versions. Most often, there will be some kind of "issues" tab on the project's website.
              Once you know who to report, try your best to find out when the bug triggers. Give a complete description of the steps you do to get to that state. For example skeevy420's post on Dolphin is a reasonable report of an issue.
              If your report is not absolutely too vague, you'll probably be asked more of the relevant details and get instructions on how to get them. In most cases you'll need to provide logs.

Does this help?

Comment

Finally! The bug fixing game!

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                  As far as I'm concerned, no new features should be implemented until all confirmed bugs are removed.
                  That's how Debian works.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post
                    The problem aren't little bugs that are easy to discover, its rather the shear mass of those in each component that is simply overwhelming and it often not being visible if it is a bug or just a KDE-esque design choice.
                    What the hell are you going on about?

This is just unrelated uninformed dribble.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

Spoken like a true GNOME fanboy koolaid drinker..
                      a message with at least 5 characters

Comment

Working...
                      X