KDE Plasma 5.24 Adds An Overview Effect Inspired By GNOME's Activities Overview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post
    Off-brand Gnome from the Discounter Shop. Comes with hard dependency on hostile company.
    Early bird GNOME trolling. 144Hz would be proud of you.

Comment

It's not an "effect inspired by Gnome", as Nate explains, it's almost half the Gnome shell implemented as an effect in Plasma! If that's not a testament to the power of Plasma, I don't know what is.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post

Maybe on KDE Neon.
        Kubuntu still refuses to upgrade to 5.15.3 without a clear reason why!
        Kubuntu uses whatever Ubuntu uses, which, in turn, uses whatever Debian bothers to package. If you want a decent KDE experience, Kubuntu is not the way to get it.
        The best experience is Arch, Manjaro or OpenSUSE Tumbleweed. Neon also offers a top-notch experience, but save for KDE and Qt, everything else is ancient on that distro.

Comment

Originally posted by unic0rn View Post

macos imitates gnome 3?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

and here I thought it's the other way around...
          overview came on gnome in 2011, same year mac got similar feature.

of you ask me, development of gnome is open (anyone can see) but take longer to implement. Just like android 12 has quick power control which is similar to not yet implemented mockup on gnome. The concept itself already exist on gnome before android 12. But android got it implemented first.

Also having top bar doesn't make gnome copy macos. You know CSD, gnome has it wayy before mac

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Bull View Post
            Why imitate Gnome UI disasters?
            Who says it's imitating GNOME? I thought macOS was the one that introduced this feature. GNOME and Deepin copied it and it was also unofficially copied to KDE as well until now as it's official now.

Edit: apparently they (macOS and GNOME) both introduced it in the same year, so it's hard to say who copied who.
            Last edited by Vistaus; 20 November 2021, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Kde neon IS the dogs bollocks. That is all

Comment

At least I hope this one doesn't take 5 seconds to open....

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                  At least I hope this one doesn't take 5 seconds to open....
                  It does open pretty fast!

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post

Wrong, it's best to easily find option we use where and when we expect it to be.
                    I will inform you when we have a telepathic DE. It will probably a toggle in KDE, expected to be in System settings>Workspace behaviour. For gnome, you can expect an extension

Comment

I like it, but as is with everything, if it's not easy to setup, I don't care. make it look nice out of box when I enable it and all will be good.

Comment

Working...
                      X