KDE Plasma 5.23 Released In Marking 25 Years Of KDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    How difficult is it for you to just change the theme? It comes with several.
    It boggles my mind how people use Linux and complain about a default setting that is easily customizable. The default theme isn't even that bad anymore.
    You need only look at iOS and its success to have an idea how many people just can't deal with anything that's not default.
    Seriously people, you want the DE telling you how to go about things? Forget about KDE, install Gnome.

Comment

Happy Anniversary! Just did a problem-free upgrade to Plasma 5.23 and I've been an active user for 80% of KDE's lifetime going all the way back to betas of KDE 2.0 on Mandrake Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by arun54321 View Post
        Plasma theme designers are stuck at XP interface.
        More like Vista, which itself took it from KDE as far as I know.

Besides, why change what works well. It's a dumb idea to change things for the sake of changing. If you have a valid reason to change - that's different.

Gnome folks thought changing for the sake of changing was a good idea, and got a mighty ugly result.

Comment

I started with Beta 2 or Beta 3 (pre KDE1) back in 1995 or 1996 (can't remember now). I used it because of its similarity to CDE on Solaris 2.5.
          Yes, I know, I'm a living fossil

Comment

Happy birthday, KDE - and thank you to all the developers! Unlike the Win 10+ interface (which I'm forced to use at work), this is a DE I truly enjoy using.

Comment

Thank you KDE guys and gals for 25 years, happy birthday!

I think KDE is beautiful because for me beauty is not only looks (although I like to look of KDE) but also the beauty of workflow, ease of manifestation of desire to action to result (I want to do X in a economic way without too much clicks or even at all) and the beauty of feedback loops and having an open ear to users.

Looking forward for many more years with KDE, KDE Plasma and all the other KDE applications like KDE Connect, Kdenlive, Dolphin, Filelight, Okteka and Spectacle.

Comment

Is anyone else have any problem with Wayland? I've login two times using Wayland, first time login screen froze and second time Plasma crashed.

Comment

Originally posted by Klassic Six View Post
                  Is anyone else have any problem with Wayland? I've login two times using Wayland, first time login screen froze and second time Plasma crashed.
                  My Wayland experience has been quite okay so far, no crashes or odd behavior as far as I could tell. I like that the main panel now moves back to my laptop builtin screen when I disconnect the external display. On the other hand, when I reconnect the display I need to drag the panel back manually again but I guess that's better than having the panel disappear altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

You need only look at iOS and its success to have an idea how many people just can't deal with anything that's not default.
                    Seriously people, you want the DE telling you how to go about things? Forget about KDE, install Gnome.
                    Except that funnily enough MacOS/IOS pretty much carbon copied their theme from KDE and the original complaint from Mario Junior was specifically about the theme, not usability.

Comment

Working...
                    X