Flatpak 1.12 Released - Better Sub-Sandbox Handling To Benefit Steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mppix View Post
    This discussion made my day: The dude called "perpetually high" tries to update Flatpak on Ubuntu. Priceless.
    Nothing that funny about it. I didn’t try. I did, lol

Got it installed super easy, thanks to ssokolow’s suggestion, and no thanks to the loud, unhelpful posters in this thread

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

Maybe I don't care what you and *maybe* 10 other people that I've never met, or have any idea who they are or if they're even real that lack *any* sense humor or joy in their lives? Ever think about that?
      A "joy" for who?

Aside rgardless if we've ever met in real life - we do meet here so everyone here is advised to behave and show manners. Because we are all in this together. Are we not? This is a community. And communities, like it or not, are hold together by a social understanding and implicit or explicit pact. Nonconforming individuals in real life go to jail or are excluded from the community after a while. Same here. Unpleasant, erratic or over and over and over again annoying people get shunned. So maybe it is a gesture of good faith to show people in need for feeback when their behaviour is becoming too eccentric for personal tolerance. We're all in this together, remember?

What's also funny, the most vocal (you guys) provide nothing to the forums. Just a bunch of nonsense.
      I have read many good stuff from the most different people here, even you!
      This discussion is not about the "data" but about the "metadata" and why communication works or not.

Guy's account was made post-COVID. Tells you everything you need to know.
      So everyone who registers only now tells you all you need to know? So everyone that came after you here is not worth your time and intellect? Or what specifically did you mean with your statement?

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high
        Didn't read a single word. Getting tired of getting notifications. Leave me alone, fake accounts. reba
        Given how off-topic this thread has gotten, wouldn't it have been easier and more polite for you to just click "Unsubscribe"? Civility is a collaborative thing after all.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

Given how off-topic this thread has gotten, wouldn't it have been easier and more polite for you to just click "Unsubscribe"? Civility is a collaborative thing after all.
          They don't deserve it. It was a targteted attack. Think about it: the reputation of Phoronix forums is dogshit.

Not because of that perpetually high guy. It's people like debianxfce, Sonadow, all of the usual suspects.

And their attack on me is making fun of my handle? Lolol. It's the most childish, immature thing ever. But they type in complete sentences and have somehow fooled everyone. Not me. There are smart people on here (way smarter than me) who don't participate. I'm gonna change that.

To people who don't like me: I type faster, and I will respond to everyone until people treat everyone with respect. My account, my rules. As long as I stay within the guidelines.

Again, thanks for your help earlier. The only helpful post in here. Salute.

Comment

Redacted. Cheers 🍷
            Last edited by reba; 10 October 2021, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

They provide an official PPA and instructions for it on Flathub. I'm on 20.04 LTS and running 1.11.2 without issue aside from the PPA not updating my KDE Plasma portal host to a version where the Open/Save chooser supports directory pickers.

(The PPA only has updates for the GNOME/GTK portal host.)
              Sounds like a problem I have on my work machine. I couldn't save a cart from KeePassXC into a folder on the debian box but on the windows machine it worked.

Comment

They don't deserve it. It was a targteted attack. Think about it: the reputation of Phoronix forums is dogshit.
                Oh, I certainly think they deserve to be called out on it. I just don't think saying "Didn't read a single word. Getting tired of getting notifications." is productive and it makes you look bad.

If you really aren't going to read what they say, how can you address their misbehaviour on its merits? If you really are getting tired of getting notifications, there's a big Unsubscribe button just sitting there.

"Speaking their language" just gives them what they want. I've sometimes managed to get trolls to give up in frustration, purely by cranking up the de-escalation and diplomacy every time they try harder to escalate, politely correcting whenever they try to intentionally misinterpret things, and focusing on facts and citations to the greatest extent possible.

(Granted, it can take a little thought to come up with things like "I just can't seem to get my intent across clearly." instead of the "You're misinterpreting what I'm saying" that they could take as an attempt to blame/accuse them and get loudly offended over.)

Trolls are like romantic partners from dysfunctional families. Generally, they are determined to get you interacting on the terms they're used to, even if they're unhealthy.
                Last edited by ssokolow; 10 October 2021, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Poke, poke. Unapproved comment.

Comment

Still, won't programs be able to shoot a blue portal in the sandbox and a yellow one into the kernel and get there that way?

Comment

Working...
                    X