KDE Kicks Off August With Many Bug Fixes To Benefit Steam Deck & More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Kicks Off August With Many Bug Fixes To Benefit Steam Deck & More

Phoronix: KDE Kicks Off August With Many Bug Fixes To Benefit Steam Deck & More

The first week of August saw many fixes land in the KDE camp as they prepare for their software to be used on more third-party products, with Steam Deck being just the latest notable product leveraging KDE...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great to see KDE getting more and more stable. What I really hope is that Plasma 6 will not become early Plasma 4 or 5 all over again (I mean bugginess to the point of unusability). But I'm pretty sure it won't happen again, especially when Steam Deck is intended for the mass market.

Comment

Michael , do you have any idea how I would've gotten subscribed to this thread? I never viewed it, nor even read the article!

I don't see any other subscriptions I don't recall.

Did you do something weird, like reuse an old thread ID that had no comments?
      Last edited by coder; 07 August 2021, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
        Michael , do you have any idea how I would've gotten subscribed to this thread? I never viewed it, nor even read the article!

I don't see any other subscriptions I don't recall.

Did you do something weird, like reuse an old thread ID that had no comments?
        Don't believe so, no idea how that would have happened unless you subscribed to the outter forum for notifications? Or some other ID collision or something.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
          Great to see KDE getting more and more stable. What I really hope is that Plasma 6 will not become early Plasma 4 or 5 all over again (I mean bugginess to the point of unusability). But I'm pretty sure it won't happen again, especially when Steam Deck is intended for the mass market.
          Indeed, we intend to make Plasma 6 a fairly boring release. No major UI changes or giant new features are currently planned. It will be 99.9% the same as Plasma 5, but powered by Qt 6.

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post

Indeed, we intend to make Plasma 6 a fairly boring release. No major UI changes or giant new features are currently planned. It will be 99.9% the same as Plasma 5, but powered by Qt 6.
            Yay!
            Way to go!

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post

Excellent! that's exactly what I was hoping

Comment

I wish Gnome would focus more on gaming.
                I still can't properly play Doom Eternal in Fullscreen on Gnome X11 using Nvidia hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by MastaG View Post
                  I wish Gnome would focus more on gaming.
                  Gaming is an unnecessary option that you don't need, so we removed it. - Love, GNOME devs

Comment

Sometimes it feels like it yeah.
                    I do like Gnome for it's simplicity and "not having to mess with it"-feeling.
                    It pretty much works fine for both X11 and Wayland.
                    However for Fullscreen 3d accelerated stuff (GL/Vulkan) there seems to be a slow down..

Comment

Working...
                    X