KDE's KWin Reworks Its DRM Code, Many Other Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AHOY

My point was only that it works for my use case, not necessarily only "on my machine".
    Obviously, your use case and your experience is different from mine. It does not mean that you are right and that I'm wrong or viceversa. In fact we are both right. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by t.s. View Post

You can google it. But to be brief:
      - Ryzen 2 with RDNA 2 APU, 4C 8T
      - 16 GB DDR5L
      - 64 emmc/ 256 nvme/ 512 high speed nvme

I've read somewhere in phoronix about these APU. I think it rumoured to be a vapourware IIRC.
      Perhaps you are referring to the Smach Z which was featured on Phoronix before? Very similar in goal to Aya Neo (an APU based on Zen and Vega) but no chance of ever coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Baloo only sucks on spinning HDDs for the first 24h or so...or if you don't know to filter out things like your source code/git pull directories, backup directories, and stuff along those lines. It really helps to limit it down to the essential things you'll actually search for and not everything.
        I disagree. The biggest problem I have with baloo is that the process gets stuck in "waiting for disk" state even on NVMe SSD. My laptop then fails to suspend and the process can't even be killed.

Comment

Originally posted by CTown View Post

Perhaps you are referring to the Smach Z which was featured on Phoronix before? Very similar in goal to Aya Neo (an APU based on Zen and Vega) but no chance of ever coming out.
          Nope. The article is about APU only. It's ryzen 2 and rdna 2. But maybe I'm not remember it correctly

Comment

Working...
          X