Chrome 92 Beta Released With File Handling API, Other Developer Additions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome 92 Beta Released With File Handling API, Other Developer Additions

Phoronix: Chrome 92 Beta Released With File Handling API, Other Developer Additions

Following last week's stable release of Chrome 91, Google has now promoted Chrome 92 to beta...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

support for filtering Web Bluetooth devices based on manufacturer specific data like device/vendor IDs and more
    I used to be a big Chrome/Google fanboy, but that was before the Snowden revelations, and subsequent revelations of other widespread big tech mass surveillance. Snowden redpilled me bigtime on a lot of different technology. The world was a simpler place before he started exposing its dark secrets.

Comment

did they f*cked up ads blocker yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
        They are doing it at some point.
        Adblockers devs aware of how effective their extension are in Chrome at some point.

Comment

But still to stable wayland support and VAAPI under wayland

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
            If they could start with blocking autoplay of videos (especially agressive ad videos), that would be a start. Muting them is not enough.

I'm forced to use Chrome at work unfortunately. It's completely obsolete compared to Firefox or Edge, and I would like to use one of these modern browsers instead.

Comment

Edge is just cloned chromium

​​​​​​there no difference between edge and chrome except theme

Comment

Great job, Chrome is doing very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
                  If they could start with blocking autoplay of videos (especially agressive ad videos), that would be a start. Muting them is not enough.

I'm forced to use Chrome at work unfortunately. It's completely obsolete compared to Firefox or Edge, and I would like to use one of these modern browsers instead.
                  My cable internet is metered so I hate that shit. It's like they partnered up with my ISP and said "It isn't much, but this will increase our ad revenue as well as make your customers use more bandwidth than intended. We're gonna get our $10 out of that skeevy420 son of a bitch somehow."

Comment

Originally posted by chromer View Post
                    But still to stable wayland support and VAAPI under wayland
                    I have Chromium on Wayland working in Ubuntu, but not Fedora...

Comment

Working...
                    X