Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muzikkat
    replied
    Surprisingly, Chrome beta 91.0.4472.77 is about 10% faster than Chrome beta 92.
    Tested with Speedometer 2

Leave a comment:

• dc_coder_84
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    ... that I can forgive the slower rendering speed Firefox have compared to Chromium.
    Overall Firefox may be slower but I guess Mozilla has also less man power. And their highly parallel Rust CSS engine in Firefox is even faster according to the benchmarks. And Webrender written in Rust is very nice too

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by piotrj3 View Post

I would like to add that firefox still functions more like a browser not an operating system that tries to expose my files, bluetooth stuff, NFC and several more stuff into web.

Spectre is serious issue - firefox devs instantly decreased precision of javascript timers to largely make it very hard to exploit. Why google didn't do this? no one knows.
    Spectre is part of Google's toolkit?

Leave a comment:

• piotrj3
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

The blocking of autoplay videos and a RSS reader in the bookmark bar (now a extension with memory leak bug...) are the reasons I primarily use Firefox. My ISP didn't have bandwidth limitation, but I still hate autoplay. The "in your face" nature of it just piss me off so much, that I can forgive the slower rendering speed Firefox have compared to Chromium.
    I would like to add that firefox still functions more like a browser not an operating system that tries to expose my files, bluetooth stuff, NFC and several more stuff into web.

Spectre is serious issue - firefox devs instantly decreased precision of javascript timers to largely make it very hard to exploit. Why google didn't do this? no one knows.

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

My cable internet is metered so I hate that shit. It's like they partnered up with my ISP and said "It isn't much, but this will increase our ad revenue as well as make your customers use more bandwidth than intended. We're gonna get our $10 out of that skeevy420 son of a bitch somehow."
    The blocking of autoplay videos and a RSS reader in the bookmark bar (now a extension with memory leak bug...) are the reasons I primarily use Firefox. My ISP didn't have bandwidth limitation, but I still hate autoplay. The "in your face" nature of it just piss me off so much, that I can forgive the slower rendering speed Firefox have compared to Chromium.

Leave a comment:

• chromer
    replied
    Originally posted by elatllat View Post
    I have Chromium on Wayland working in Ubuntu, but not Fedora...
    Version 91 native wayland not working on Arch Linux for me , previous versions was working but not 91

Leave a comment:

• elatllat
    replied
    Originally posted by chromer View Post
    But still to stable wayland support and VAAPI under wayland
    I have Chromium on Wayland working in Ubuntu, but not Fedora...

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by Mez' View Post
    If they could start with blocking autoplay of videos (especially agressive ad videos), that would be a start. Muting them is not enough.

I'm forced to use Chrome at work unfortunately. It's completely obsolete compared to Firefox or Edge, and I would like to use one of these modern browsers instead.
    My cable internet is metered so I hate that shit. It's like they partnered up with my ISP and said "It isn't much, but this will increase our ad revenue as well as make your customers use more bandwidth than intended. We're gonna get our $10 out of that skeevy420 son of a bitch somehow."

Leave a comment:

• Charlie68
    replied
    Great job, Chrome is doing very well.

Leave a comment:

• Aryma
    replied
    Edge is just cloned chromium

​​​​​​there no difference between edge and chrome except theme

Leave a comment:

Working...
X