KDE Plasma 5.20 Released With Better Wayland Support, Many New Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.20 Released With Better Wayland Support, Many New Features

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.20 Released With Better Wayland Support, Many New Features

KDE's Plasma 5.20 is now available as a seriously great update to this open-source desktop environment...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-5.20-Released

Funny seeing "improved notifications" in there. Yesterday I got an update to KDE Frameworks and it broke that: notifications (and not only) no longer respect the DPI setting. I'll see if upgrading from 5.19 to 5.20 fixes it.

Edit: Scratch that, it seems to be working fine today, after reboot. I only logged out yesterday, strange that didn't reload Frameworks cleanly.
    Last edited by bug77; 10-13-2020, 06:26 PM.

Comment

It looks terrible. So many buttons, toolbars, menus, its all so cluttered, it looks like a nightmare. It must be very daunting for new users,

To its defense, it is cool that it has Wayland support, and the list of KDE applications is really impressive!

Comment

I can no longer get the bar of buttons on the windows. the windows are steady and no longer manageable. A mess of big proportion.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          It looks terrible. So many buttons, toolbars, menus, its all so cluttered, it looks like a nightmare. It must be very daunting for new users,
          That's the point of KDE, isn't it? If I want a minimalistic DE I pick one of the countless others.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
            I can no longer get the bar of buttons on the windows. the windows are steady and no longer manageable. A mess of big proportion.
            Is kwin_x11 missing from your installation? Some users reported that in Reddit; it's a distro issue (bad packaging).

Comment

Probably someone has provided the solution to the trouble in the new release. I've just seen the KDe blog. Newer Kwin-x11 package has been wrongly missed from the repository. The users able to try it by Muon or Discovery, manually install Kwin-x11 package. This problem seems to affect KDe Neon users for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by useless View Post

Is kwin_x11 missing from your installation? Some users reported that in Reddit; it's a distro issue (bad packaging).
                Yeah, I've just read about it on KDe blog. Someone has got the solution. all works perfectly now.
                Last edited by Azrael5; 10-14-2020, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by useless View Post

Probably some unknown in Kde management want the end-users to murder....

Comment

yay for middle button paste.

Comment

Working...
                    X