KDE Plasma 5.20 Released With Better Wayland Support, Many New Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.20 Released With Better Wayland Support, Many New Features

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.20 Released With Better Wayland Support, Many New Features

KDE's Plasma 5.20 is now available as a seriously great update to this open-source desktop environment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Funny seeing "improved notifications" in there. Yesterday I got an update to KDE Frameworks and it broke that: notifications (and not only) no longer respect the DPI setting. I'll see if upgrading from 5.19 to 5.20 fixes it.

Edit: Scratch that, it seems to be working fine today, after reboot. I only logged out yesterday, strange that didn't reload Frameworks cleanly.
    Last edited by bug77; 13 October 2020, 06:26 PM.

Comment

It looks terrible. So many buttons, toolbars, menus, its all so cluttered, it looks like a nightmare. It must be very daunting for new users,

To its defense, it is cool that it has Wayland support, and the list of KDE applications is really impressive!

Comment

I can no longer get the bar of buttons on the windows. the windows are steady and no longer manageable. A mess of big proportion.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          It looks terrible. So many buttons, toolbars, menus, its all so cluttered, it looks like a nightmare. It must be very daunting for new users,
          That's the point of KDE, isn't it? If I want a minimalistic DE I pick one of the countless others.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
            I can no longer get the bar of buttons on the windows. the windows are steady and no longer manageable. A mess of big proportion.
            Is kwin_x11 missing from your installation? Some users reported that in Reddit; it's a distro issue (bad packaging).

Comment

Probably someone has provided the solution to the trouble in the new release. I've just seen the KDe blog. Newer Kwin-x11 package has been wrongly missed from the repository. The users able to try it by Muon or Discovery, manually install Kwin-x11 package. This problem seems to affect KDe Neon users for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by useless View Post

Is kwin_x11 missing from your installation? Some users reported that in Reddit; it's a distro issue (bad packaging).
                Yeah, I've just read about it on KDe blog. Someone has got the solution. all works perfectly now.
                Last edited by Azrael5; 14 October 2020, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by useless View Post

Probably some unknown in Kde management want the end-users to murder....

Comment

yay for middle button paste.

Comment

Working...
                    X