Systemd Startup For KDE Plasma 5.21 Has Helped Uncover Bugs, Other Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caligula View Post

Sometimes it feels the latest major Qt version has had more bugs and fixes than what is the total number of features in every other GUI toolkit ever made.
    "Feels"? You are experiencing all these bugs first hand I assume and you are not pulling such statement out from number of bugfixes alone, aren't you? If the latter, are you trying to say that for instance GTK in comparison is unmaintained? Because high number of bugreports and bugfixes means that given software is not only widely used but actively maintained. Which seems to be case with Qt.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post

Sometimes it feels the latest major Qt version has had more bugs and fixes than what is the total number of features in every other GUI toolkit ever made.
      It may feel that way, but Qt runs on a lot of platforms. Try as you might, you can't hit all those bugs :P

Comment

Been using Plasma for the last two years as daily driver without any major issue.

Just awesome

This new systemd feature also looks very promising. Looking forward for it

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
          I haven't experienced crashes of shell, kwin or Dolphin on Xorg in ages, so don't expect everyone to agree with you there.
          Plasma 5.19.90 has something crashing in the background ALL the time, and I mean literally, **all** the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Modu View Post
            KDE, buggy DE... But has fancy graphics and customisations.
            GNOME, solid DE... But it has horrible UX and no/restricted customization.

Originally posted by 144Hz
            Can you cut down on the whataboutism? It hinders civil discourse. Thank you. By the way your link doesn’t address the issue(s) and doesn’t counter any of my points.
            Well, well, this is too much.
            I just cleaned up the thread. Trying to own the thread and turn it into a flamewar? Nope, nope...

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I just cleaned up the thread. Trying to own the thread and turn it into a flamewar? Nope, nope...
              See ... there is no censorship in Phoronix Forums!

Tilde must be related to the guy in this picture.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Well said. A full-fledged DE that doesn't crash in the middle of my work flow is what i need. Plain, consistent GUI with modern design principles is FTW! Thanks to the GNOME developers who imposed the new design on me , i got rid of those extra clicks and eye pain.

Comment

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post

Tilde must be related to the guy in this picture.
                  One thing is censorship. The other is defending rule-breaking with the excuse of "censorship".

...this is why the troll is unbeatable:

- If I do nothing, Phoronix turns chaotic.
                  - If I respond back and try to defend, I become toxic and turn into the troll.
                  - If I clean up the thread, I am doing "censorship".

Comment

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post
                    Of course there is. How else do you enforce these: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...59-forum-rules

Comment

Plain, consistent GUI with modern design principles is FTW!
                      modern windows 95 clone?
                      i got rid of those extra clicks
                      i wonder when you learn to use keyboard

Comment

Working...
                      X