Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.38 Released With Many New Features, Better Performance

Phoronix: GNOME 3.38 Released With Many New Features, Better Performance

GNOME 3.38 has shipped as the newest half-year update to this desktop environment and will be featured in the upcoming Ubuntu 20.10, Fedora 33, and other autumn Linux distribution updates...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag....38.0-Released

Now I just need https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutte..._requests/1429 for full screen multi monitor gaming!

Comment

Looks like the GNOME team now focuses on what is really important. Great!

Comment

Congratulations to the team, great job. I'm a Fedora user and only thing about 33 release is off is the default wallpaper, it's ugly as hell.

Comment

Been using sway+Wayland for some time, after making my journey from KDE to Gnome to Xfce and Enlightenment.
          Sway rocks. Nothing else matters.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilHowl View Post
            Looks like the GNOME team now focuses on what is really important. Great!
            Canonical team

Comment

Screensharing/screencasting sucks everywhere, specially in Wayland.

I use Wayland. I'm saving money to get another GPU and an HDMI extender.

What about Miracast? What about DIAL? What about Google Cast?
              MiracleCast doesn't work and it's unmaintained.

Comment

I love GNOME and think it is great! I also like this new release, and I think the wallpaper is great.

I would like Web (Epiphany), Videos (Totem) and Evince (PDF reader) to be sandboxed with Flatpak, seccomp, and all that good stuff, so I can can visit random websites, and open random movies, music and PDF documents without have to worry that it has to things it shouldn't.

I would like to have AV1, PDF, JPEG, H.264, etc decoders written in Rust so I can open random media files from random websites without have to worry about specially crafted media files exploiting security vulnerabilities in the decoder.

When I upgrade GNOME most of my extensions tend to break, like Dash-to-panel, Dash-to-dock, Desktop icons, etc.

On Windows 10 you have a calculator with support for plotting, you have a WinKey+G game bar that can record the screen, you have nice, convenient shortcuts such as WinKey+R (run), WinKey+E (file explorer), Ctrl+Alt+Del, etc.

I would like further improvements to Gitg, the graphical GTK client for Git, it's nice, and I like Git but Git is a bit difficult to use, so it is nice with a GUI, so I would like to see improvements to Gitg so it can be even better.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                  and I think the wallpaper is great
                  I was talking about Fedora not Gnome.

Comment

Does Linus use GNOME?

Comment

Working...
                    X