Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LibreOffice 7.1 Starts Off With Presentation Improvements, Inclusive Config Options

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Mez' View Post

    Nothing new. All the self-declared tolerant people (ecologists, LGwhatevs-friendly, vegans/vegetarians, feminists, anti-racists) are often actually quite narrow-minded, do not accept any opinion not going their way, and try to impose their one-track thinking through that dictatorship (deny whatever is not aligned exactly with them, even if it is very nuanced, well argued and rational).
    True. As a vegetarian and person who votes for what some people like to call "alt-right" (yes, I know, it's weird to be vegetarian and right-winged at the same time, but IDGAF, it's who I am), I agree. Luckily, I'm more open-minded and I don't ever bother anyone with it in any sort of way (be all you want, eat all you want, you won't hear me complaining and I don't participate in rallies/petitions/etc.), but you're absolutely right that a lot of vegetarians and right-winged persons aren't (and the same goes for the other groups you mentioned).
    Vistaus
    Senior Member
    Last edited by Vistaus; 17 August 2020, 12:35 PM.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
      I'll agree with your assessment of the symptoms but I see people continuing with "therefore, we need to return to traditional religious institutions" so often that it makes me wary to see you say that.
      I'm not discussing the merits of traditional religion, nor have I suggested that anyone should believe this or that, I tried to merely explain my observation of why we are living in clown world on 2020, let people draw their own conclusions on their own.

      Your concern does not compute here.

      Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
      I could just as easily throw quotes like these back at you:
      I do not care.


      JPFSanders
      Senior Member
      Last edited by JPFSanders; 17 August 2020, 01:10 PM.

      Comment


      • #33
        OK, I did a little bit of research, and maybe it would help to show who is behind this. The change links an IETF RFC draft (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-knodel-terminology-02). The RFC contents are of course a completely incoherent joke. Also it gives a fair warning that "robot" is next, as it originates from feudal slavery, and there's some trash-talk about Orwell describing him as transphobic or something.

        The IETF document lists Mallory Knodel (https://cdt.org/staff/mallory-knodel/) as the author, the CTO of Center of Democracy & Technology, self-ascribed "public interest technologist", and a priviledged white woman.

        As a white horse I guess, second author listed is Niels ten Oever (https://nielstenoever.net) from the Media Studies of Texas A&M University, and the Media and Political studies of Amsterdam University, he is part of data-activism.net, he studies how "invisible infrastructures provide a socio-technical ordering of societies", and is a priviledged white man.

        Center of Democracy & Technology is some kind of political organization, sponsored by MacArthur Foundation, which holds the left-over money of rich white family that made its money in insurance and real estate. At some point the foundation experienced takeover by an estranged son, which made money in jewelery and collectibles.

        The white horse behind the commit itself is Thorsten Behrens (https://blog.thebehrens.net/about/), another white man, "LibreOffice hacker", and team leader at CIB company, and chairman of The Document Foundation. The changes were just self-reviewed and self-pushed.

        I hope everyone feels oh so included right about now.
        krOoze
        Junior Member
        Last edited by krOoze; 17 August 2020, 02:45 PM.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by krOoze View Post
          OK, I did a little bit of research, and maybe it would help to show who is behind this. The change links an IETF RFC draft (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-knodel-terminology-02). The RFC contents are of course a completely incoherent joke. Also it gives a fair warning that "robot" is next, as it originates from feudal slavery, and there's some trash-talk about Orwell describing him as transphobic or something.

          The IETF document lists Mallory Knodel (https://cdt.org/staff/mallory-knodel/) as the author, the CTO of Center of Democracy & Technology, self-ascribed "public interest technologist", and a priviledged white woman.

          As a white horse I guess, second author listed is Niels ten Oever (https://nielstenoever.net) from the Media Studies of Texas A&M University, and the Media and Political studies of Amsterdam University, he is part of data-activism.net, he studies how "invisible infrastructures provide a socio-technical ordering of societies", and is a priviledged white man.

          Center of Democracy & Technology is some kind of political organization, sponsored by MacArthur Foundation, which holds the left-over money of rich white family that made its money in insurance and real estate. At some point the foundation experienced takeover by an estranged son, which made money in jewelery and collectibles.

          The white horse behind the commit itself is Thorsten Behrens (https://blog.thebehrens.net/about/), another white man, "LibreOffice hacker", and team leader at CIB company, and chairman of The Document Foundation. The changes were just self-reviewed and self-pushed.

          I hope everyone feels oh so included right about now.
          Hey! You know when ppl call you a conspiracy nut for saying that Soros and Gates are behind all bad things?
          Here:
          https://cdt.org/financials/

          Look at the plethora of mofos behind this idiotic push!

          - Soros' Open Society Foundation? Check
          - Billy and Melinda Gates Foundation? Check
          - FaceBook, Google, Apple? Check

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

            In that case, you must really hate us Dutchies as we (children, but also society as a whole) call a male teacher "meester" (which is "master" in English).

            Quite the contrary: the more rational of us envy you, because you have NOT fallen into this insanity trap which you're reading about here, and which has started taking over our (the U.S., and a lot of other supposedly touchy-feely cultures) society.

            As a mater of fact, I'm crafting a letter to my grandchildren stating specifically why they must start, right now, laying plans to move to your part of the world, and permanently. This was precipitated by a question from my wife several years ago, who asked, "Where do you think the U.S. is headed?" The answer I've come to, aided by the type of nonsense you're seeing here, is, "Not a good place. Certainly no place I want to be in thirty years."

            I suggest you read two articles:

            Censorship - 1984 dot now
            https://www.dedoimedo.com/life/censo...4-dot-now.html

            and

            Linux - The beginning of the end
            https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/...f-the-end.html

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by JPFSanders View Post
              Your concern does not compute here.
              As I said, I think it's the Chesterton quote you put in, because the quote implies that there exists nothing more rational than God (and, assumably, Chesterton's conception of God and not some other belief system with a single god figure).

              Without it, it wouldn't feel like you were rehashing the run-up to so many tired "Without God, we're all lost, so turn back to God" arguments I've seen.

              Comment


              • #37
                Folding in Writer Outline mode, this is great. I almost can't believe it after all these years.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

                  The general complaint is that projects like LibreOffice have much more productive things they could be doing with their scarce programmer time, like improving Calc's performance. Changing them and potentially breaking any kind of automation which sets them programmatically is of extremely questionable value.

                  .
                  A complaint by whom? Who are you or me to tell an open source contributor what they should be doing? Contributors trying to make the world a better place, as they see it, is basically why we have a lot of open source software. Shock, horror, some people smart enough to build LibreOffice want to make the world a better place in other ways. It's their call.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by timrichardson View Post
                    A complaint by whom? Who are you or me to tell an open source contributor what they should be doing? Contributors trying to make the world a better place, as they see it, is basically why we have a lot of open source software. Shock, horror, some people smart enough to build LibreOffice want to make the world a better place in other ways. It's their call.
                    By the people who see it as an unnecessary burden to chew up other people's time reviewing and approving the relevant commits, updating the documentation, etc. for something which will have little to no actual effect in the real world and may potentially break automation relying on those key names for deployment.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

                      By the people who see it as an unnecessary burden to chew up other people's time reviewing and approving the relevant commits, updating the documentation, etc. for something which will have little to no actual effect in the real world and may potentially break automation relying on those key names for deployment.
                      And is this you?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X