X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andyprough
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    That's what the developer uses, please stop being non-inclusive. Feelings can be hurt.
    Yup. Words are violence.

Leave a comment:

• Danielsan
    replied
    Nice! When I dropped off my google account Thunderbird has become my daily driver email client, it is truly amazing. I use Outlook at work and it is so counter intuitive respect Thunderbird that makes the latter even more amazing!
    Last edited by Danielsan; 17 July 2020, 12:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• zxy_thf
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post

Well... even Apple users have a choice in what software they want to use, and Apple's mail client isn't everyone's favorite.
    Apple's Mail is a complete disaster if you have thousands of mails in your InBox.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
    Really? I thought Apple users were completely blinkered in their options and would *only* go with what Apple tells them.
    It's not like that on MacOS, but Apple is working to fix the issue.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Well... even Apple users have a choice in what software they want to use,
    for now

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Why does the blog use screenshots on macOS?
    That's what the developer uses, please stop being non-inclusive. Feelings can be hurt.

Leave a comment:

• cen1
    replied
    Why does the blog use screenshots on macOS? Not only is the main user-base probably Windows, followed by Linux but also Apple consumers will probably only ever use Apple's mail client.

Do they perhaps think that Apple's software is beautiful and perfect? In that case, I worry about their ability to actually produce effective UI design to be used professionally and efficiently. It seems like the designers probably pine for Apple's UI and will always be held back and stunted by that.

That said, since quite a few places have switched to non-standard EWS (Microsoft profiteering from COVID), Thunderbird has been very useful in providing decent support. I use it along with davmail to babysit Microsoft's silly protocols.
    I use TB on my mac dev machine aswell as personal linux and windows laptops. it is nice to have the same interface no matter the OS.

Leave a comment:

• Veerappan
    replied
    Why does the blog use screenshots on macOS? Not only is the main user-base probably Windows, followed by Linux but also Apple consumers will probably only ever use Apple's mail client.
    I used Thunderbird as my primary email client in MacOS, Windows, and Linux for quite a while. It's nice to be able to use the same email client, browser, IDE, etc across various OSes sometimes so that you don't have to relearn a new program for every activity you want to do on each OS.

I had to switch to Evolution for Linux mail for work a while back (it's the only allowed software with 2fA for Outlook on the office365 site), but otherwise still keep Thunderbird around

Leave a comment:

• andyprough
    replied
    The rest of us don't even know what MacOS looks like. You must be a traitor to the Church of Emacs and Saint IGNUcious to have crossed enemy lines and gained that demonic knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• kpedersen
    replied

Well... even Apple users have a choice in what software they want to use, and Apple's mail client isn't everyone's favorite.
    Really? I thought Apple users were completely blinkered in their options and would *only* go with what Apple tells them. That is how cults work right?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X