X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mez'
    replied
    Originally posted by sykobee View Post
    Nice to see Thunderbird is still being developed. I thought it had been abandoned. Used it a lot back in the day but it had dated really badly by 2014 - although it did the core task of email perfectly fine. I still pine for the days I used pine, back when everything was plain text and you rarely did attachments.

Still, it's not as horrific as Outlook :-)
    Nothing some tinkering with css can't fix .
    And if you don't want to lose time doing it yourself, I believe the Monterail theme can bring a more modern look & feel.

Anyway, I have been using Thunderbird since my last few years on Windows, probably 2003-2004. So I'm with you on that one, pretty happy it hasn't been abandoned as it was anounced it would be at some point.

Leave a comment:

• Mez'
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

The Outlook Windows client sucks, but the Web client is really, really nice, albeit a bit laggy (that's probably my only complaint). The Android client is also really nice, esp. in landscape mode, but it needs more features.
    At work, I use both Gmail and Outlook webmails. Outlook is terrible comparatively. You can't add a "Mark as read" icon at a convenient place (instead of extending the 3 dots every time), for your spams you have to delete them twice (spam then deleted) with as many confirmation required. Why so many clicks necessary and no option to bypass those inadvertent error prevention mechanisms?
    It's also slow and there's something with that interface, it's just not working (for me).

Leave a comment:

• hajj_3
    replied
    The best thing about v78 is that there is an option in the settings to minimise to tray icon at least on windows, not sure whether this option has been added to linux. Maybe someone will try?
    Last edited by hajj_3; 20 July 2020, 02:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PluMGMK
    replied
    All I want to know is can I use Muttator (or a WebExtensions equivalent) with it? :P

Leave a comment:

• M@yeulC
    replied
    Nice improvements, I whish search gets some love soon, though: I don't really see a way of searching mails received from a specific sender, for instance, which is something I need almost everyday.

Leave a comment:

• Neuro-Chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
    I don't feel like it's a waste of space.
    OK. What's the usecase for this?

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by sykobee View Post
    The Outlook Windows client sucks, but the Web client is really, really nice, albeit a bit laggy (that's probably my only complaint). The Android client is also really nice, esp. in landscape mode, but it needs more features.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Neuro-Chef View Post
    Do you mean Outlook style wasting of space or what?
    I don't feel like it's a waste of space.

Leave a comment:

• sykobee
    replied
    Nice to see Thunderbird is still being developed. I thought it had been abandoned. Used it a lot back in the day but it had dated really badly by 2014 - although it did the core task of email perfectly fine. I still pine for the days I used pine, back when everything was plain text and you rarely did attachments.

Leave a comment:

• Neuro-Chef
    replied
    Originally posted by devius View Post
    Eagerly waiting the day that the message list pane is finally brought into the modern world by allowing more than 1 line in each row.
    Do you mean Outlook style wasting of space or what?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X