X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
    Why does the blog use screenshots on macOS? Not only is the main user-base probably Windows, followed by Linux but also Apple consumers will probably only ever use Apple's mail client.

Do they perhaps think that Apple's software is beautiful and perfect? In that case, I worry about their ability to actually produce effective UI design to be used professionally and efficiently. It seems like the designers probably pine for Apple's UI and will always be held back and stunted by that.

That said, since quite a few places have switched to non-standard EWS (Microsoft profiteering from COVID), Thunderbird has been very useful in providing decent support. I use it along with davmail to babysit Microsoft's silly protocols.
    Well... even Apple users have a choice in what software they want to use, and Apple's mail client isn't everyone's favorite.

Leave a comment:

• devius
    replied
    Eagerly waiting the day that the message list pane is finally brought into the modern world by allowing more than 1 line in each row.

Leave a comment:

• kpedersen
    replied
    Why does the blog use screenshots on macOS? Not only is the main user-base probably Windows, followed by Linux but also Apple consumers will probably only ever use Apple's mail client.

Do they perhaps think that Apple's software is beautiful and perfect? In that case, I worry about their ability to actually produce effective UI design to be used professionally and efficiently. It seems like the designers probably pine for Apple's UI and will always be held back and stunted by that.

That said, since quite a few places have switched to non-standard EWS (Microsoft profiteering from COVID), Thunderbird has been very useful in providing decent support. I use it along with davmail to babysit Microsoft's silly protocols.
    Last edited by kpedersen; 17 July 2020, 07:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• S.Pam
    replied
    A bit of a warning that this release makes profile changes that are not backwards compatible. That is if you upgrade to TB78 you cannot got back to earlier versions of Thunderbird without restoring a backup or resetting (deleting) your existing profile.

Leave a comment:

• Thunderbird 78 Rolls Out With UI Updates, New Features

Phoronix: Thunderbird 78 Rolls Out With UI Updates, New Features

There is finally a new release of the Thunderbird mail/RSS client available as the annual update to this longtime Mozilla mail client. Thunderbird 78 is the new version out and serves as an Extended-Support Release with many improvements in tow...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X