Early Work On KDE Frameworks 6 Continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
    LOL. And 3 years later, Griffin/Honton/144Hz is still trolling with the same material.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
      bosjc Qt upstream requires CLA. So naturally the upstream is not GPL.
      This just hit me: you keep saying "Qt upstream", but you don't actually understand what that means, do you?

Comment

Both the CLA and KDE Qt free foundation should go away.
        Why? If you don't like it, don't use it. Quit trying to kill non-GNOME desktops.

Comment

Originally posted by JackLilhammers View Post
          Maybe you should reconsider your definition of better...
          In the days of Electron, popularity and better lay far far way from each other.

Originally posted by JackLilhammers View Post
          PS: Let me remind you that for free software users Qt is GPLv3 and LGPLv3. Now you can yammer about the CLA or whatever you want.
          Try to upstream some GPL code to Qt.

Comment

bug77 Of course I know what an upstream is Let me ask you this question “Can you contribute GPL code to Qt upstream?” Please answer with Yes or No.
            Of course you can not, never. Contributing GPL code to Qt would give you rights for that code, The Qt Company could not re-license it to their greedy proprietary license so it would break their greedy business model. But thats something KDE Fanboys seem to painfully avoid to mention.

Who would donate to KDE if there was a big notice above the donation button stating "If you donate, you will sponsor us to directly contribute to a proprietary sold project", how many FLOSS people would then still want to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

Why? If you don't like it, don't use it. Quit trying to kill non-GNOME desktops.
              If you speak of other FLOSS desktops, no one ever wanted to kill Enlightenment.

Comment

Nth_man If Qt was truly Free then KDE wouldn’t ask for this sketchy deal anyway. Both the CLA and KDE Qt free foundation should go away.
                Qt is truly free, it's (L)GPL. In order to avoid that Qt stops being truly free in new versions, the agreement was signed. You can always fork it, too, as it's (L)GPL.
                Last edited by Nth_man; 14 July 2020, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Worst part is when you are helpful and remind them how upstreams work and how CLAs work
                  LMAO. Giving your delusional version of how things work is not helpful, and I really, really, doubt your intention is to be helpful. And if it is, knock it off. No one needs your "help" every two fscking seconds in every KDE news blurb.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter
                    In the days of Electron, popularity and better lay far far way from each other.
                    I've never developed with Electron, but with all due respect I tend to doubt both your taste and your competence in software development.
                    If only for cross platform support I'd use Electron over Gtk every day of the week.

Originally posted by Alexmitter
                    Try to upstream some GPL code to Qt.
                    I am.

Comment

bug77 Of course I know what an upstream is Let me ask you this question “Can you contribute GPL code to Qt upstream?” Please answer with Yes or No.
                      Of course not. Qt does not have an upstream project.

Comment

Working...
                      X