Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crust Drops Paywall For Open-Source CRM Alternative To Salesforce

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Crust Drops Paywall For Open-Source CRM Alternative To Salesforce

    Phoronix: Crust Drops Paywall For Open-Source CRM Alternative To Salesforce

    The Crust CRM suite that aims to compete with Salesforce has been open-source under an Apache 2.0 license but now its paywall has been dropped to make it more compelling as a free software CRM suite...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...oes-No-Paywall

  • #2
    On one hand I'm like "Yay, Open Source Software FTW", but on the other hand I really, really dislike telemarketers so I'm unhappy about them getting software to make it easier for them to pester me...so Yay Call Blockers

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
      On one hand I'm like "Yay, Open Source Software FTW", but on the other hand I really, really dislike telemarketers so I'm unhappy about them getting software to make it easier for them to pester me...so Yay Call Blockers
      It isn't just for telemarketers. The web hosting company I used to work for was using SalesForce as a helpdesk system (and whatever the sales people do with it).
      It makes sense to create an alternative.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
        On one hand I'm like "Yay, Open Source Software FTW", but on the other hand I really, really dislike telemarketers so I'm unhappy about them getting software to make it easier for them to pester me...so Yay Call Blockers
        This is a serious sales management software to keep track of long-term customer relations and needs in a large company where people comes and goes (and in general you want more redundancy for obvious reasons) so you can't just rely on a specific salesperson's memory about what each specific client needs and history was, not sure why you think it's for telemarketers.

        I mean, telemarketers do a one-off, they call you to sell crap, if you bite the bait they sell you crap, then they move on to the next in the list. No long-term relations, so no need to use this software.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          This is a serious sales management software to keep track of long-term customer relations and needs in a large company where people comes and goes (and in general you want more redundancy for obvious reasons) so you can't just rely on a specific salesperson's memory about what each specific client needs and history was, not sure why you think it's for telemarketers.

          I mean, telemarketers do a one-off, they call you to sell crap, if you bite the bait they sell you crap, then they move on to the next in the list. No long-term relations, so no need to use this software.
          I'm aware. It was a joke, dude.

          And about your last sentence....that doesn't apply to American telemarketers. We passed a law to stop them from calling us so much so, of course, they call us more because no one actually enforces the damn do not call list law . I'd go crazy if my phone didn't have a mile long call blocker list. Now-a-days, due to call blockers, they do heinous crap like number spoofing and have had bugs where their spoofing software used the customer's number as the spoof number .

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
            And about your last sentence....that doesn't apply to American telemarketers. We passed a law to stop them from calling us so much so, of course, they call us more because no one actually enforces the damn do not call list law
            Same situation for EU, but since the cost of workers is much higher here (because taxes, because socialism) they are not as numerous as in the US, simply because they can't get enough warm bodies (or operate for long with very illegally low worker pay/taxes rates).
            Yay socialism I guess?

            Every now and then I get called by Vodafone or Wind telemarketers (mobile ISPs, they have cash to burn), and twice a year I get the odd call from automated telemarketing (registered messages with "press 1 to do X, press 2 to do Y", who thought that such thing had any chance to sell anything) and that's it.

            Comment

            Working...
            X