Two Areas KDE Can Use Help Right Now In Porting For Plasma 6.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    New and shiny stuff instead of fixing Plasma5 and Freeing Qt5..
    Begone foul troll

Comment

My impression (again): there are too many distros / desktop environments...

Comment

New and shiny stuff instead of fixing Plasma5 and Freeing Qt5..
        Please stop. GNOME has bigger problems.

Comment

Originally posted by 240Hz View Post

Begone foul troll
          Please get more likes! We need them to defeat the 144Hz crusade!

Comment

@sveriss - "My impression (again): there are too many distros / desktop environments...". -- Let us know when you've gotten your favorite distro and desktop projects to remove their code so that you can help reduce the crowding.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Feel free to rewrite Qt. No one is stopping you.

The rest of us aren't going to complain that they want to modernize and unify the way their backends work or want to provide a consistent user experience and interfaces in their control panel. Also, since a lot of people like to complain about how difficult Plasma is to configure, them working on the UX can be seen as both shiny and new as well as fixing bugs.
              Yeah, furthermore you know what?
              It would have been better if Red Hat bought Qt instead of adopting GTK... (yeah, they had the money for it!)

Then they could remove the CLA and stuff like that, and it would have been more profitable! (since Qt has lots of big users)
              Last edited by tildearrow; 25 June 2020, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
                JackLilhammers - "I seriously doubt anyone saying that they can't be productive on Windows and Mac because of the desktop." I've tried other peoples' Macs and I can't get work done with it.
                With all due respect, I think you're just not willing to

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Yeah, furthermore you know what?
                  It would have been better if Red Had bought Qt instead of adopting GTK... (yeah, they had the money for it!)

Then they could remove the CLA and stuff like that, and it would have been more profitable! (since Qt has lots of big users)
                  IBM still could. They won't, but it surely be worth

Comment

sverris Yes. Too many attempts to solve a single problem. It’s not that bad though.. Some of the niche desktops and distributions would never be able to cooperate anyway. So it’s nice they are preoccupied with dead ends and won’t bother those who chose to cooperate.
                    You mean Cinnamon, Budgie, and Pantheon? Because I'd say that 3 forks of the same project are kind of a slap in the face of cooperation.
                    Just kidding, I'll never be so stupid to call dead end a successful project.

Comment

Originally posted by sverris View Post
                      My impression (again): there are too many distros / desktop environments...
                      There aren't... Debian family of distros is oriented stability and low maintenance. ArchLinux for minimalist bleeding edge. Gentoo for customized performance setups. And, there are some usb stick oriented ones... However, I fail to categorise Fedora .

Comment

Working...
                      X