Xfce 4.14 Should Finally Be Out By Mid-August - Final Testing Now With "Pre3"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Hard to tell without actually using it. Their bug tracker doesn't have very much that's that recent when one searches for Wayland and there is no mention of Wayland on any of the XFCE pre release blog posts.

I wish debianxfce could be unblocked for a day. He'd fill us in on everything.
    No, but supposedly Mate has a experimental ability to run it in Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
      Hard to tell without actually using it. Their bug tracker doesn't have very much that's that recent when one searches for Wayland and there is no mention of Wayland on any of the XFCE pre release blog posts.
      Stuff like Wayland ist mostly something after Xfce4 4.14 release! The upcoming 4.14 release was mainly meant to get the port from Gtk2 to Gtk3 done. This also included a lot of cosmetical adjustments, cleanup of code and fixing of bugs that has been there for long.

The Xfce4 folks have been doing a great and excellent job in doing this. My respect and all my thanks belong to them for having done all this.

Comment

Been using xfce4 lately, it seems alright, I prefer it over gnome and mate, bit finicky. Plasma5 still better, maybe I switch back to that sometime once a few more kwin patches come along.

Comment

debianxfce would provide plenty of insight into the subject.

He's a hero we need, but not one we deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Baguy View Post

No, but supposedly Mate has a experimental ability to run it in Wayland.
            So they actually started working with Mir now? (since a lot of people on this forum insisted MATE would utilize Mir to get it to run on Wayland)

Comment

Just in time for the GTK4 launch. Good job.

Comment

I respect xfce but the lagging behind and lack of resources is apparent.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
                  So they actually started working with Mir now? (since a lot of people on this forum insisted MATE would utilize Mir to get it to run on Wayland)
                  Yes.

Get the latest version of MATE-on-Wayland for Linux - Unofficial prototype of MATE running on Wayland

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

This is the first step in porting the MATE desktop environment to Wayland, using Mir.I've been working on Arch Linux, but there's nothing distro-specific. MA...

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post
                      Just in time for the GTK4 launch. Good job.
                      GTK+ 3.0.0 released 10 February 2011. Xfce 4.14 and GTK 4 is expected to release soon. Should we expect another 8 for GTK 4 in Xfce?

Comment

Working...
                      X