No announcement yet.

Xfce 4.14 Should Finally Be Out By Mid-August - Final Testing Now With "Pre3"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just in time for the GTK4 launch. Good job.
    GTK 2 was released in 2002 and it's still in many distro repo. No need to hurry exept if you want some brand new bugs!
    XFCE development is slow but always well done.

Comment

Why people are so excited/desperated with updates? It seems like we are in this endless running competition. What if we just use the programs that work for us? Something new is not always better

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Hard to tell without actually using it. Their bug tracker doesn't have very much that's that recent when one searches for Wayland and there is no mention of Wayland on any of the XFCE pre release blog posts.

I wish debianxfce could be unblocked for a day. He'd fill us in on everything.
        dont worry, he'd be around, he's an Attention Whore with ADD

Comment

The Xfce 4.14 pre-releases are shaping up nicely in my experience.

I think the Xfce developers plan to do several point releases in quick succession after 4.14.0 in order to fix smaller issues such as the translation bugs on dialog buttons which were only discovered recently.

Comment

Originally posted by ermo View Post
            The Xfce 4.14 pre-releases are shaping up nicely in my experience.

I think the Xfce developers plan to do several point releases in quick succession after 4.14.0 in order to fix smaller issues such as the translation bugs on dialog buttons which were only discovered recently.
            I hope the crashing panel clock properties bug has been fixed, or soon will be. I'm using LM 19.1, which has a weird mix of 14.10, 14.12, and 14.14, so maybe this is already fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by yurikoles View Post

GTK+ 3.0.0 released 10 February 2011. Xfce 4.14 and GTK 4 is expected to release soon. Should we expect another 8 for GTK 4 in Xfce?
              Xfce is for people who want a fast, stable, well designed and working desktop.
              if you care for the latest stuff and much eyecandy i'd suggest another desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by bison View Post

I hope the crashing panel clock properties bug has been fixed, or soon will be. I'm using LM 19.1, which has a weird mix of 14.10, 14.12, and 14.14, so maybe this is already fixed.
                When I right-glick the clock and select properties, it pops up a nice dialog and doesn't crash. This is with the 4.14pre2 release.

Comment

When I right-glick the clock and select properties, it pops up a nice dialog and doesn't crash. This is with the 4.14pre2 release.
                  Try changing the format and see what happens. On my system, the clock on the panel disappears when I click the close button. What I have to do is change the format and then kill the panel, which causes the panel to restart with the new format.

Comment

Originally posted by bison View Post

Try changing the format and see what happens. On my system, the clock on the panel disappears when I click the close button. What I have to do is change the format and then kill the panel, which causes the panel to restart with the new format.
                    It doesn't disappear on mine when I click the close button and the format changes just fine, so looks like it's already fixed upstream?

Comment

It doesn't disappear on mine when I click the close button and the format changes just fine, so looks like it's already fixed upstream?
                      Cool! I'll be installing LM 19.2 in the next day or so, and hopefully it will be fixed there too.

Comment

Working...
                      X