Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 4.10 Now Better Supports Installing Plug & Play Drivers

Phoronix: Wine 4.10 Now Better Supports Installing Plug & Play Drivers

Wine 4.10 is out today rather than last Friday due to Wine founder Alexandre Julliard being on holiday, but that bi-weekly development release is out today...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-4.10-Released

With this wine version d9vk still works and have some fixes for some blizzard games

StarWars The Force Unleashed 1

Last test with Pentium G3258 @ 4.1ghz + Artic Cooling Alpine 11 Plus

D9VK With Core i3 8350K Tri-Core @ 5.0ghz + Zalman CNPS 10x Performa+

Comment

I don't fully understand how the PnP driver thing works. What's an example of how it'd be used?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        I don't fully understand how the PnP driver thing works. What's an example of how it'd be used?
        I presume things like printer drivers for the Windows apps.

Comment

Does Roblox work? It plays in OpenGL mode but disconnects.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            It for anti-cheat and copy protection and the like drivers will be the first usage.

PnP driver https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...-plug-and-play
            Happened to run in response to hardware events. Not that it has to in fact run the hardware. So anti-cheat driver trapping

Originally posted by cthart View Post
            I presume things like printer drivers for the Windows apps.
            No wine printer driver does need installing. Its been a very long time since windows printer drivers have been used under wine. Applications look to the printer spool for what printers are available. This is a case the driver stack plays no real part from the application point of view. I am not saying the code will not in time be used todo this but short term no. Other things like anti-cheat drivers trapping input devices and the like will be first.

Comment

since sometime ago i started to have issues with ArcGames middleware playing Perfect World International. Where and how can I report this, so it can get some specific fix such the ones mentioned above ?

Comment

Working...
              X