Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 4.10 Now Better Supports Installing Plug & Play Drivers

Phoronix: Wine 4.10 Now Better Supports Installing Plug & Play Drivers

Wine 4.10 is out today rather than last Friday due to Wine founder Alexandre Julliard being on holiday, but that bi-weekly development release is out today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

With this wine version d9vk still works and have some fixes for some blizzard games

StarWars The Force Unleashed 1

Last test with Pentium G3258 @ 4.1ghz + Artic Cooling Alpine 11 Plus

D9VK With Core i3 8350K Tri-Core @ 5.0ghz + Zalman CNPS 10x Performa+

Comment

I don't fully understand how the PnP driver thing works. What's an example of how it'd be used?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        I don't fully understand how the PnP driver thing works. What's an example of how it'd be used?
        I presume things like printer drivers for the Windows apps.

Comment

Does Roblox work? It plays in OpenGL mode but disconnects.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            It for anti-cheat and copy protection and the like drivers will be the first usage.

PnP driver https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...-plug-and-play
            Happened to run in response to hardware events. Not that it has to in fact run the hardware. So anti-cheat driver trapping

Originally posted by cthart View Post
            I presume things like printer drivers for the Windows apps.
            No wine printer driver does need installing. Its been a very long time since windows printer drivers have been used under wine. Applications look to the printer spool for what printers are available. This is a case the driver stack plays no real part from the application point of view. I am not saying the code will not in time be used todo this but short term no. Other things like anti-cheat drivers trapping input devices and the like will be first.

Comment

since sometime ago i started to have issues with ArcGames middleware playing Perfect World International. Where and how can I report this, so it can get some specific fix such the ones mentioned above ?

Comment

Working...
              X