KDE3-Forked Trinity Desktop R14.0.6 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frank007 View Post
    In my opinion, the developpers of TDE have done the better choise, to fork the qt3 libraries. The Linux world don't have an open source, free, gui libraries (well, the Gtk libs are stricly related to Gnome only, and Qt libs are not completely open source and free). Why this "bug" ? I hope the TDE will not follow Gnome nor Kde with their complicated, heavy and buggy DEs. I always hated Arts (it was always disables when I used Kde3 time ago, too buggy). A complete network manager applet and program are needed. Lastly, many libraries should be dropped.

Considered this: what is changed from Windows 95 (or from the firse Apple DE) to modern operation systems from the point of view of the DE? Almost nothing. We have always a bottom or upper bar with a menu button and a system tray, icons on the desktop, a file manager and a program that let users change some preferences. With time, they became more and more heavy, also in the Linux world. Heavy doesn't mean better, heavy means buggy. Commercial programs must be heavy to justify their high price, open source and free programs do not need to be heavy or complicated or just visually nice, they need to be useful, even simple.

--------
    English is not my language
    You don't have to use Arts. TDE works fine with PulseAudio.

Comment

Working...
    X