Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xfce's Catfish Search Now Faster, Better Desktop Integration

Phoronix: Xfce's Catfish Search Now Faster, Better Desktop Integration

There is a new version of the Catfish search utility, which is GTK3 based and part of the Xfce project, but works on other desktop systems as a Linux/Unix system search tool as well...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice announcement, with beautiful screenshots to show the world how better integrated it is, linux people are the best at PR

Comment

Originally posted by Scellow View Post
      Nice announcement, with beautiful screenshots to show the world how better integrated it is, linux people are the best at PR
      what are you even talking about

Comment

Originally posted by lkundrak View Post

what are you even talking about
        That there are no screenshots?

Comment

Yeah, I loved the screenshots. I wonder when Windows Update will offer screenshots for the new features they push in. Microsoft keeps lagging, I tell ya! Actually, Apple doesn't provide screenshots with their regular updates either. What's wrong with these people?

Comment

Luckily at least one other Linux person has put up a screenshot: https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2019/01/...l-update-linux

But I don't see how this behavior is related to Linux people? There are plenty of devs on other platforms who never put up screenshots either, even for big releases.

Comment

Good news, file search is Mate, LXDE, Xfce often seems to be missing or.. hard to find.

Comment

Working...
              X