GNOME 3 Might Be Too Resource Hungry To Ever Run Nicely On The Raspberry Pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Candy View Post
    ... and a similar amount of developers, who have never seen a pussy in their whole life.
    I suggest to retract the statement, assuming someone's sexual orientation is rude in the modern world.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      Wtf has Stallman or GNU to do with GNOME development again?
      In an ancient time there was a tale about an desktop that was called G.N.O.M.E. (GNU Network Object ...) ... but nothing of that remained. Must be before your time.
      Last edited by Candy; 01 June 2018, 06:38 AM.

Comment

I suggest to retract the statement, assuming someone's sexual orientation is rude in the modern world.
        You don't like furry cats ?

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
          Oh my god, this thread is full of shitheads which have never written a line of code and whose ganglia only react to buzzwords.

JavaScript was a fine choice as a scripting language, considering it's VMs are highly optimized and many people know it.
          Yes JavaScript is fine as a scripting language, however writing a shell is not a place where I'd consider it to be a good place to use a scripting language for similar reasons to why it's not a good decision to write it in python or to write the core of a game engine with it.

Also people talking about that javascript is fine with handling threads, seriously what are you on? JavaScript is literally single threaded by design, if you want multithreading in it your only option is to write your non-mainthread code in C and call it through C bindings. Switching to Vulkan can't fix that issue!

Even considering this however I agree that JavaScript should be "fast enough" to not have such performance issues so the problem is bad programming somewhere rather than the choice of language, however to see people backing that JavaScript was a good choice to write a shell with plugin support however is just crazy.

Comment

You don't like furry cats ?
            I was more worried about attack helicopters.

Comment

In an ancient time there was a tale about an desktop that was called G.N.O.M.E. (GNU Network Object ...) ... but nothing of that remained. Must be before your time.
              No that's exactly my point. Current GNOME project has exactly 0 to do with Stallman and GNU. It is technically under the GNU umbrella but it's not controlled by GNU in any way.

Comment

Gnome can barely run on modern desktop HW, running it on phones with mid range specs will be a joke.

Comment

I suggest to retract the statement, assuming someone's sexual orientation is rude in fucked up by jewish racists modern world.
                  Who cares? If somoeone's sick he should go to therapy.

Comment

Appartment, Hookers, vegan Food and Travelling. Life is too short for anything elese...

... and a similar amount of developers, who have never seen a pussy in their whole life.

Maybe, maybe not, but at least they don't have to pay other people for that sort of things

Comment

• Originally posted by ebassi View Post
                      No, you can't
                      of course i can, whole desktop works that way
                      Originally posted by ebassi View Post
                      The fact that you don't understand the difference between threads and processes also tells me you don't have the faintest clue what you're blabbering about.
                      lol
                      threads are processes with more shared state. if you can access gpu from separate processes, then you can do that from separate threads

Comment

Working...
                      X