Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIMP Now Moving Full Steam Ahead With Their GTK3 Port

Phoronix: GIMP Now Moving Full Steam Ahead With Their GTK3 Port

Following last week's huge GIMP 2.10 release, it looks like the next stable version will indeed be the long-desired GIMP 3.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

GIMP is great! Just too bad about the few developers and slow development pace.
    Too bad we haven't had GTK3 for years now.

Comment

So GTK3's horrible file chooser will be forced upon all GIMP users

Comment

Switching to GTK3 is a terrible thing, GTK3 has horrible non standard title bars for windows and breaks themes all the time so there is not a single usable theme…

I’ve switched from the great Xfce to LXQt because of GTK3. GTK3 like systemd is killing linux.

Comment

I've been using the GTK3 port for ages, if only to have some form of Wayland support… I'm happy to hear this, but on a tangentially-related note I'm somewhat concerned with the segfaults I got when trying to upgrade to the latest version of babl…

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxhippy View Post
            So GTK3's horrible file chooser will be forced upon all GIMP users
            Run it unconstrained under Flatpak on a KDE 5 desktop. The file chooser portal is implemented at the level of GTK+ 3.x's common dialog system, so you should wind up with KDE 5's file dialogs in GIMP.

Comment

After release of @GIMP_Official 2.10, extermination of deprecated data and API, GTK+2 idiosyncrasies, etc. for GIMP 3 has started.
              "Exterminaaaate!" pic.twitter.com/7kdGGmzDus

— ZeMarmot (@zemarmot) May 1, 2018
              Really, some "developers" should be renamed as exterminators
              Last edited by dungeon; 01 May 2018, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                I’ve switched from the great Xfce to LXQt because of GTK3. GTK3 like systemd is killing linux.
                No one kills anyone, it is just that someone investing money to interjecting current userbase, as switching from X2W points is hard

Refugees are of course expected as always during this X2W operation and after during transitional period

Last edited by dungeon; 01 May 2018, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                  Switching to GTK3 is a terrible thing, GTK3 has horrible non standard title bars for windows and breaks themes all the time so there is not a single usable theme…

GTK3 is stable for many months now.. 3.22 will only receive bug fixes for the next 4 years.

Comment

Oh man! In 5 years we will have gtk3 support!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X