Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper Password Manager Launches New Linux Version

Phoronix: Keeper Password Manager Launches New Linux Version

I can't imagine many Linux desktop users are interested in a closed-source, commercial-driven password manager for their systems, but for those that are, Keeper launched a new version of its Keeper Password Program Manager for Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yup. Something as sensitive as that has to be local and opensource.

Comment

Typo?

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Given its closed-source and not integrated into any Linux desktops,
      (the first one is a typo, but did you mean "apps" in the second one?)

Comment

KeepassX for the win. Seriously tho I generally don't understand why people use any closed-source PM. Worst are things like LastPass with centralized access for some reason pushed by corporations.
        Last edited by Almindor; 26 April 2018, 01:57 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Almindor View Post
          KeepassX for the win. Seriously tho I generally don't understand why people use any closed-source PM. Worst are things like LastPass with centralized access for some reason pushed by corporations.
          I like KeepassXC even more.

Comment

I like pass (http://passwordstore.org/) even more. It uses gpg for encryption (works best with a smartcard), uses git for synchronization, and there is a passff Firefox plugin.

Comment

My passwords will be locked inside a vault that is air gaped, secure and only accessible to my self, i.e. my head, thank you very much.

Comment

presumably you're likely to use this if you are looking to use their cross-device synchronization across platforms or required by your internal IT infrastructure
                IT requirements are exactly why I'd end up using this. We use a product from a different company, but our IT staff actively scans for other installed password managers on our sysresy and has us remove them if found.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
                  Yup. Something as sensitive as that has to be local and opensource.
                  You would be surprise how many corporates will use something like this precisely BECAUSE it's closed source and remote. Outside of technology companies, the old mentality of open-source-is-for-hippies-we-need-"business-grade"-"solutions" still very much prevails. They don't want to have to use something that in their view means cost, not bottom line; they much prefer subscribing to an external service because at least it's predictable in budget terms. Plus in 99.99999% of the cases, those people don't want to actually solve a problem, all they want is to make it someone else's problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.2377 View Post

I like KeepassXC even more.
                    And I use the regular one using mono, works also like a charm, even auto type and hot keys

Comment

Working...
                    X