Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenBSD 6.0 Is Out With Better ARM Support, More SMP Fun, Dropped Linux Emulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenBSD 6.0 Is Out With Better ARM Support, More SMP Fun, Dropped Linux Emulation

Phoronix: OpenBSD 6.0 Is Out With Better ARM Support, More SMP Fun, Dropped Linux Emulation

Kicking off September the OpenBSD developers announced the release of OpenBSD 6.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ah, the vaxen. Good memories, good memories.

Comment

I'll have to give it a spin on the desktop to see how much the scheduler has improved, though as with every OpenBSD release I expect it to be incremental, not monumental. Still, any improvement is welcomed!

Comment

1. Remove Linux support.
        2. ???
        3. Profit!

Comment

Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
          1. Remove Linux support.
          2. ???
          3. Profit!
          As long as you can spin up a VM for you must have Linux stuff...

Comment

I don't have any must-have Linux stuff.

Comment

To be honest, the very basic Linux support OpenBSD did had was to hack around terrible ideas like Flash and other closed-source software. As predicted many years ago that has pretty much all died now so we have no use for the Linux layer.

Simples

Comment

s/had/have

(I can't seem to edit posts on these weird a$$ forums )

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
                  As long as you can spin up a VM for you must have Linux stuff...
                  it's not like there is any must have openbsd stuff to begin with

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                    it's not like there is any must have openbsd stuff to begin with
                    Not like anyone likes pf, pledge, or a system which mostly works with only W^X pages...

Comment

Working...
                    X