X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrisb
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Yeah people was also same right on Windows XP release date - as history said. That was the same boring hype to me.

chrisb

Cool, enjoy a party now. Please wake me up once hype stops

Cool party but it looks like they forgot to invite any women.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by prodigy_ View Post
    I have a crazy friend who says that operating system should do more stuff than just send data to Microsoft. Is he crazy?
    What is crazy there for you if he say "operating system should do more stuff, than just send data to Microsoft"?
    Last edited by dungeon; 02 August 2015, 07:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• prodigy_
    replied
    Originally posted by mao_dze_dun View Post
    MS made sure the users were quite informed how the whoe thing happened this time.
    Never put words "users" and "informed" in the same sentence. It's not Microsoft's fault perhaps but average user is a person who doesn't realize they can search Windows 7 start menu for installed applications even though there's a search bar that explicitly says "Search programs and files".

Leave a comment:

• mao_dze_dun
    replied
    Originally posted by WOLF308 View Post
    The number doesn't surprise me. I mean the average windows user clicks on stuff without paying attention to what they're doing so it goes without saying there's going to be a high adoption rate simply because people will stumble into it. I'm just glad I got out of IT as a profession years ago and won't have to deal with it.

Except it is not a matter of a single click. MS made sure the users were quite informed how the whoe thing happened this time. It's was a bit surprising, really, but to their credit - you simply cannot go through the update process without knowing what that whole thing is about. They know such a huge update can break things so their legal team sure did make them go out of their way to inform the users exactly what is going on.

Leave a comment:

• prodigy_
    replied
    I have a crazy friend who says that operating system should do more stuff than just send data to Microsoft. Is he crazy?

Leave a comment:

• WOLF308
    replied
    The number doesn't surprise me. I mean the average windows user clicks on stuff without paying attention to what they're doing so it goes without saying there's going to be a high adoption rate simply because people will stumble into it. I'm just glad I got out of IT as a profession years ago and won't have to deal with it.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by mao_dze_dun View Post
    Here's a post from somebody who's a forum regular - he's right, don't be a mule.
    Yeah people was also same right on Windows XP release date - as history said. That was the same boring hype to me.

chrisb

Cool, enjoy a party now. Please wake me up once hype stops

Last edited by dungeon; 02 August 2015, 03:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Scimmia
    replied
    Originally posted by edmon View Post
    heh on one of graphics about reserved traffic is shown that the max load is 10% , so based on their current userbase they expected almost 90% more traffic, but they get only 10%. I think someone at marketing already lost their jobs... sad story...
    So Windows Update accounting for over 10% of all Internet traffic isn't enough for you?

Leave a comment:

• mao_dze_dun
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post

I undertand you too somehow, but do you know what I reading now from you I also readed on Windows XP release days - same thing, just another man with low posts (or maybe he isn't another one )... And i am not neither ghost of Sigmund Freud, nor that i am on heroine...

Nothing personal, might be Deja Vu

Linux was there fully working for anyone who want to use it at the time of Windows XP relase date, Windows 95 was just like Windows 7 now, and there was 98/SE/Me like 8/8.1

Deja Vu

Here's a post from somebody who's a forum regular - he's right, don't be a mule.

Leave a comment:

• edmon
    replied
    heh on one of graphics about reserved traffic is shown that the max load is 10% , so based on their current userbase they expected almost 90% more traffic, but they get only 10%. I think someone at marketing already lost their jobs... sad story...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X