No announcement yet.

Hope Seems Lost In Running OS X Binaries On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and btw, the EULA states that you cannot distribute your own Mac-operated computers. It is perfectly legal to install an un-modified retail version of OSX on any computer you want. I used the retail version for both. It is considered illegal to restrict an OS to a hardware platform in the EULA. The software may be designed specifically for more than 1 platform, but if someone manages to get it to work on something else, that's fair game.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      @ninez
      The irony is you're all fretful about how opinions work yet you're trying WAY too hard to diminish mine, to the point that you're making some of your opinions sound more generalized than my own. And for what? Look back to my original post and anyone would agree that the amount of effort you put in was overkill when you could have easily summarized your argument into "you are being too general about your claims". From the very beginning you've blown this way out of proportion, and you're still doing it, so I'm ending this here (on my end).
      Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but i didn't call you out on your opinions, i pointed out issues with claims (of knowledge) on your part. 2nd. If i am generalizing more than you - than you can prove that thank you very much, by examples - otherwise, what you are saying means absolutely nothing / your cup is empty && holds no water. (and face it, i was a lot more specific in my posts then any of yours; Which is more generalized? -> (you) talking about imaginary heart-transplants, or actually discussing kernel/userspace stuff and potential issues, citing development in GNUstep, etc).... And laughably, you can't even follow your own posts or the conversation - russofris and i both took issue with your claims that 'most linux advocates' don't like Apple, yet just a few posts later - in your head, you've completely changed the argument, now claiming;

Originally posted by shcmitbag
      Yes, I can quantify that - most doesn't mean all. YOU are the one CHOOSING to generalize. For someone so literal, I'm surprised you haven't figured that out "most =/= all". If you stopped doing that, you would have no need to have ever replied to me from the very beginning. I don't dislike Apple products either - I owned an iPad 2, I have a computer I built that runs exclusively OSX, and I have a VM that runs Mac. So I'd be a hypocrite if I were to say all linux users dislike Apple.
      First off, you didn't quantify anything, secondly (as i said above) our issue wasn't that you were claiming that 'all advocates don't like Apple', instead our issue was your claims / you trying to speak for a majority. aka: "most....". So how the hell you could have even written the above comments is beyond me / completely obtuse, on your part... Also, you can drop the 'literal stuff', as the problem is your own poor articulation and not understanding something as simple as the 'contraction - "we'd" actually is "we would" not we could or we will or IS...etc... And what do you expect everyone to be 'figurative' (instead of being literal...lolz - which doesn't even apply either way).

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      Oh and btw, the EULA states that you cannot distribute your own Mac-operated computers. It is perfectly legal to install an un-modified retail version of OSX on any computer you want. I used the retail version for both. It is considered illegal to restrict an OS to a hardware platform in the EULA. The software may be designed specifically for more than 1 platform, but if someone manages to get it to work on something else, that's fair game.
      lolz. I guess you've never actually read Apple's UELA, nor are you aware of the legal issues and case law that started around 2005, ending in 2012??? (and yes, I have read Maverick's UELA as well...) ~ What you are doing is 1000% ILLEGAL and it doesn't matter if you are using a legal copy of MacOSX or not... Simply put - what you are saying here is utter BS / you have no clue as to what you are talking about (at all). You can read it on Wikipedia; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSx86#cite_note-EULA-2 (citation/link [2] will take you to MacOSX 10.6 UELA, verifying exactly what i said) and Maverick's (10.9) is right here; http://images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/OSX109.pdf

still care to claim that you've actually read Apple's UELA(s) and stick by your bogus information?
      Last edited by ninez; 26 December 2013, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X