Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Adds Enterprise Security Features To WSL

Phoronix: Microsoft Adds Enterprise Security Features To WSL

With Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) continuing to prove popular mot only for end-users and independent developers but within organizations as well for having easy access to a Linux environment from the confines of Windows 11, Microsoft has added new enterprise-focused security options for WSL...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So, Linux SEEE.

I'm sorry, I can't help it.

Comment

Michael : a small typo exist in article :
      • "mot" should be "not"
      • "Loewen explained of this" should be "Loewen explained this"

Comment

Originally posted by usta View Post
        Michael : a small typo exist in article :
        • "mot" should be "not"
        • "Loewen explained of this" should be "Loewen explained this"
        This grammar usage is fine, it's a shorter version of "gave an explanation of this"

Comment

Oh, great. Now Windows can reach into the Linux runtime environment with "plugins".

What could possibly go wrong?

Embrace, Extend, Extinguish. Classic Microsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by junkbustr View Post
            "plugins"
            More like butt plugs.

Comment

When I was growing up we had an expression called putting lipstick on a pig. That is all this is. You can make Windows as pretty as can be but it is still MS Windows NT to its core. NT will never be as secure as Linux, any of the BSDs, or the microkernel operating systems. You don't see multiple critical bugs hit any other OS than windows in a single month. RHEL has a few important CVS this since I patched last month but no show stoppers unlike Windows 10 and 11 and server 2016 to 2022!

Comment

Originally posted by junkbustr View Post
                Oh, great. Now Windows can reach into the Linux runtime environment with "plugins".
                This has been happing for ages. There's a whole bunch of procfs/sysfs stuff that allows communication back and forth between Windows and WSL (it's entirely how the WSLg/Mesa/D3D12 stuff works).

Comment

I tend to feel fairly positive about MS's embracing of community, open source, and yes, even Linux. I'm not a Windows or MS hater — their dev tools provide my livelihood, after all. But I must admit that this smells just a tad of 'extend'. Time will tell if it's just my imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
                    When I was growing up we had an expression called putting lipstick on a pig. That is all this is. You can make Windows as pretty as can be but it is still MS Windows NT to its core. NT will never be as secure as Linux, any of the BSDs, or the microkernel operating systems. You don't see multiple critical bugs hit any other OS than windows in a single month. RHEL has a few important CVS this since I patched last month but no show stoppers unlike Windows 10 and 11 and server 2016 to 2022!
                    As usual, a Linux fanboy who doesn't know much about systems had to comment. And he can't even count the mistakes conscientiously .

For example, as vulnerabilities in what do you classify vulnerabilities in MSQM? Obviously as vulnerabilities in Windows

And what do you classify the similar vulnerabilities on Linux? As: Apache ActiveMQ, IBM MQ, TIBCO EMS, JBoss Messaging, JBoss HornetQ vulnerabilities.

And then shouting that Windows has vulnerabilities and Linux is great.
                    Last edited by HEL88; 17 November 2023, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X