No announcement yet.

Following NetBSD, DragonFlyBSD Now Has "COVID"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well personally I don't trust a vaccine that's been rushed through so quickly. I also find it disturbing just how much big tech and the media have been trying to censor out the discussion on Ivermectin, which has been shown to be quite effective against Covid.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugworth View Post
      Well personally I don't trust a vaccine that's been rushed through so quickly. I also find it disturbing just how much big tech and the media have been trying to censor out the discussion on Ivermectin, which has been shown to be quite effective against Covid.

On the upside, there has never been a brand new medicament based on a novel technique that has been pushed so widely and aggressively in human history, so if it turns out there is long term adverse side effects, the damage will be devastating. Fingers crossed for genetic damage - that seems to be stacking well with Billy Boy's mass depopulation wet dreams.
      Last edited by ddriver; 06 July 2021, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gabber View Post
        • some are not so sure <- This is the groups you're targeting
        If they see a benefit, they'll get vaccinated.
        When you where on the fence on a topic, did it help if somebody tried to push you?
        It's a pretty subtle push, though. It's not as if there's vaccination propaganda in the MotD. I get that people don't like to be nagged, and when I was a rebellious teenager, my parents pushing me to do something made me not want to do it.

I think it's worth keeping the topic & discussion alive, and I appreciate the inclusion of resources in the manpage. It would be kinda cool if the program itself were more entertaining or educational, but I understand this is simply a port.

Comment

Well personally I don't trust a vaccine that's been rushed through so quickly.
          You might like to check out this BBC podcast episode (duration: 23 minutes). It describes some of the ways the development schedules were accelerated, and looks at the potential for these methods to speed the development of other medicines.

As a bonus, they look at the UK's "RECOVERY" trial, which implemented a randomized controlled methodology to investigate the effects of various therapudics on hospitalized Covid-19 patients.

I also find it disturbing just how much big tech and the media have been trying to censor out the discussion on Ivermectin, which has been shown to be quite effective against Covid.
          Here's another BBC podcast (duration: 9 minutes), dedicated to maths and statistics, which dissects the two systematic reviews and meta-analyses of Ivermectin (which reach very different conclusions about its effectiveness, BTW).

According to them, Oxford University is now running a big, randomized controlled trial into the use of Ivermectin to treat Covid-19, with findings expected to come out in a few months.

You can check it out and decide for yourselves, but I wouldn't pin my hopes on it. Especially, given what I've read about the minimum effective dose needed to provide a protective effect in cell cultures.

Comment

Originally posted by ddriver View Post
            ... if it turns out there is long term adverse side effects, the damage will be devastating. Fingers crossed for genetic damage
            Traffic in FUD, much? You sound like a delightful person to have at a party.

Edit: this explains why specifically mRNA is believed not to modify DNA:

BTW, only two of the vaccines are mRNA-based. People can still get vaccinated, even if they don't want to take a mRNA vaccine.
            Last edited by coder; 06 July 2021, 06:54 AM.

Comment

I don't know your countries, but in my country, initially, the vaccine got an emergency approval for risk groups only due to the lack of extensive testing.
              Now politicians are pushing for 80% to get the experimental vaccine.

It is one thing for me to decide to get an experimental vaccine, but pushing other people to get an experimental treatment, I couldn't sleep at night. Even if nothing bad happens.

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post

You know of course that putting this in the distro will make those kind of people just believe that "everyone" is forced to do it and it is all part of a "grand scheme" right?
                Anyway, something more interesting - Have you ever considered adding something similar to OpenMosix/LinuxPMI natively to DragonFly?
                Those people are very welcome to GTFO

Comment

Originally posted by ddriver
                  Ah, belief, that thing that flat earthers do. I am all convinced now.
                  Cute rhetorical trick, but the reason it's only a "belief" is that you can't prove a negative.

Scientists bend over backwards to accommodate even the slightest degree of uncertainty, but people acting in bad faith never seem to tire of using it against them.

Originally posted by ddriver
                  Parties are for fools that seek distraction from the meaninglessness of their lives.
                  Maybe you're just not going to the right sorts of parties.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
                    Maybe you're just not going to the right sorts of parties.
                    What would that sort be?

I've been an acting musician for 8 years, I've done hundreds of shows and know literally thousands of people, and I dare say I've seen just about any flavor of party there is, so I am really curious

Cute rhetorical trick, but the reason it's only a "belief" is that you can't prove a negative.
                    Why not? You are certainly acting as if it proves the opposite....
                    Last edited by ddriver; 06 July 2021, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
                      I probably won't keep it in the tree forever. I thought about putting it in /usr/games (which is like the dustbin for BSD distributions), but ... obviously not very P.C. to do that. For now though, its in the distribution as a statement to the sheer stupidity that a large-enough portion of our population exhibited which resulted in over 600K deaths in the U.S., including the older parents of several long-time friends of mine (but not mine, thankfully).

-Matt
                      Since we don't cross paths very often I just wanted to tell you thanks for all the work you put in to DragonFlyBSD and HAMMER/HAMMER2.

I was "this close" to being a user of your OS back in the day when I was in search of a long term storage solution....then Steam on Linux was released and I stumbled across OpenZFS a few months later, both of which kept me on Linux. Native games and enterprise grade storage -- pretty heavy hitting 1, 2 combination.

Comment

Working...
                      X