Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15-Way Linux Distribution / Operating System Comparison, Including Windows 10 & WSL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This tests shows the compiling configuration not the OS performance.
    By the way, did you compile for Windows using GCC or Visual Studio?
    What flags were used for Windows?

You need to use the same binary on all systems so the difference will be the OS and not its compiler.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Because the other distros were tested with their desktop state too. This was testing on a Core i9, not a Xeon or EPYC.
      Thanks for the answer.

Never the less, given the fact that you are conducting a server load test, wouldn't choosing the server variant of all distributions make more sense?

- Gilboa
      oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
      oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
      oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
      Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I've used macOS a few times in the past (last time was little over 2 years ago) and not once did I find it user-friendly. Pretty? Yes. Usable? Yes. But user-friendly? No. Maybe a bit more user-friendly than Windows, I'll give it that edge, but that's it.
        I would bet that you can train the monkey to install Mac OS app by drag and drop icon to icon, in Windows you have to click multiple times on Next Button and there are "annoying" questions as aplication location, Startmenu location, licence, .Net and DirectX installation etc.. I nothing against simplicity, if there is optimal possibility to choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ruthan View Post

I would bet that you can train the monkey to install Mac OS app by drag and drop icon to icon, in Windows you have to click multiple times on Next Button and there are "annoying" questions as aplication location, Startmenu location, licence, .Net and DirectX installation etc.. I nothing against simplicity, if there is optimal possibility to choice.
          When were we talking about install apps? 'Cause I was under the impression that we were talking about the OS as a whole, so my post is about the whole OS...

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

When were we talking about install apps? 'Cause I was under the impression that we were talking about the OS as a whole, so my post is about the whole OS...
            It was example why si MacOS user friendly for normal User, who just want to browse the internet, send emails, play some videos and music and play some games.

Comment

Working...
            X