Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ReactOS 0.4.8 Released With Fix For 17 Year Old Bug, Various Driver/Kernel Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Seriously, how sourceforge keeps sucking even when compared to Github (that isn't particularly advanced either but for small projects it's at least usable and modern) is beyond me.
    Honest question, what do you consider superior to Github?

Comment

I don't think it was as ready as it should have been, the ssl certificate is invalid for the application browser and the link has disappeared off the SourceForge page.

Comment

Arrgh, currently the download page is not available. Did someone there have a second thought?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          fixed.

Seriously, how sourceforge keeps sucking even when compared to Github (that isn't particularly advanced either but for small projects it's at least usable and modern) is beyond me.
          Sourceforge kept sucking for me since I've started using it...

On topic, ReactOS (to my knowledge) still doesn't support multi core CPU's, and still have very bad memory management subsystem, and I have no interest in such (any Windows-ish) projects but wish them luck. Last time I checked it wasn't even able to boot on my machine.

Comment

Originally posted by leipero View Post
            Sourceforge kept sucking for me since I've started using it...
            I rather appreciated not having to setup my own CVS server on the internet, back in 2001.

Anyone remember freshmeat?

Comment

Sourceforge has git and it works, what is everyone whining about? I have github as well, but I don't really care about which platform I end up using.

Comment

Really cool project and it looks like it can run a lot of applications. I would contribute, but that seems like a long term life choice.

Comment

ReactOS migrated to GitHub on October: http://reactos.org/project-news/reac...igrated-github

They apparently still put their releases on SourceForge, but their code has moved.

Comment

Originally posted by gukin View Post
                    I don't think it was as ready as it should have been, the ssl certificate is invalid for the application browser and the link has disappeared off the SourceForge page.
                    Release still did not happen! Phoronix did a False start

Comment

Originally posted by Palu Macil View Post

From my perspective on the team, I don't think they intend to make it useful. For example, despite Windows shipping with the .NET runtime, they don't allow .NET applications and turn away contributions because it would complicate the build. I don't understand how anyone would expect it to be more than a toy project without .NET. Regardless on your views of .Net Core or Mono, etc, for better or for worse the team avoids the majority of potential contributions and legions of available projects that already exist.
                      You can always install NET redistributables by your own. ReactOS supports NET 2.0SP2 and NET 4.0

Comment

Working...
                      X