FreeBSD Finally Gets Mitigated For Spectre & Meltdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by k1l_ View Post
    You are making critics look like they just want to harass everyone. Which is not the case.
    Isn't it? Then why am I being harassed and verbally abused by them in this very thread?

Originally posted by k1l_ View Post
    There was already a CoC. But it was not a free ride ticket for the SJW like it is now.
    Neither is this new one. There still has to be some proof behind allegations if consequences are to be handed out. "Free ticket for the SJW" is either overly paranoid thinking, or the perpetrator looking for a free ticket themselves.

Comment

You cant not-offend someone who wants to be offended. That is the point. And that is the issue with the SJW CoC. And that is the issue with SJWs as such.
      And i dont know why you make it look like the critics of the SJW CoC is only a bunch of right wing Trump fans, that want to legally harass everyone on the internet. This is a very foul play, very common for SJWs.
      Just to make it clear again: there was already a CoC that worked. It did not work for the SJWs, so they pushed a new SJW CoC behind closed doors.
      There is one nutjob in this thread, but that's besides the point. WTF is is this trump fan BS. I don't even know wtf that means. I didn't vote for trump, I don't like the man. I think he should be immediately impeached on multiple accounts. But that doesn't have anything at all to do with this thread. WTF do trump supporters have to do with antiSJW nonsense... By that matter you could call -ME- an antiSJW. I think labeling entire groups with a single derogatory is wrong in every possible sense. So Yeah, I'm antiSJW, Just stop labeling people that. Stop labeling people as trump supporters, that might be the worst insult of them all. Start accepting people for who they are for crying out loud.

I haven't seen not one, not a single one person post in this thread that could be called SJW. Not a single one. Which indicates heavy bias.
      Last edited by duby229; 20 February 2018, 09:35 AM.

Comment

You are missing one very important point: the SJWs have a decent track record of doing the exact thing you say it will never happen: http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6918 So why are you only seeing good faith in the SJW and only see bad faith in the SJW CoC critics?
        You are making critics look like they just want to harass everyone. Which is not the case. There was already a CoC. But it was not a free ride ticket for the SJW like it is now.
        But that's exactly what's been happening in this thread. To the exact letter.... Listen to yourself and how you use derogatories... Nobody wants to be treated like that, nobody.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brisse View Post

Isn't it? Then why am I being harassed and verbally abused by them in this very thread?
          Just to be clear though, I'm not taking any offense here. It's not the first time I've dealt with bullies and I've got fairly thick skin. Make no mistake though, it's very clear that their intentions are to offend me and thus they are breaking the old CoC which they hold so dearly. Ironic isn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by lisa_arrowwood View Post

You make it sound like some sort of theoretical 'might happen' discussion.

This just happened in the past year with node.js and a similar toxic CoC:

1. Developer posts link on his personal social media to an article discussing the dangers of CoCs

2. SJWs patrolling his social media for wrong think go ballistic and try to have him kicked from the project

3. Community is having nothing of it and point out blatant CoC violations by the SJWs attacking the developer

4. SJW node team member goes on sickening sexists attack against the entire reddit node community

5. She is mass reported to the node team by huge numbers of people for huge numbers of CoC violations

6. This was the response from the node team:

Delicious redditears. Y'all are about as spineless as you get. No wonder you never get laid. p.s....

So, no, this isn't some theoretical discussion. This could happen tomorrow to any one of us.
            And? All I could find there was one woman expressing her perfectly valid opinion on her own twitter account. What exactly is the problem with that? Is it freedom of speech you have a problem with? Is it individualism you have a problem with? I don't get why another persons opinion matters to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brisse View Post

Ok, lets look at how the Freebsd guys act, that pushed that SJW CoC behind closed doors: https://twitter.com/BryanLunduke/sta...00772523540481

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
              Neither is this new one. There still has to be some proof behind allegations if consequences are to be handed out. "Free ticket for the SJW" is either overly paranoid thinking, or the perpetrator looking for a free ticket themselves.
              your are still making it look like SJWs are the salvation army and would guarantee world wide peace. While the truth is a total different story. They have a long track record of ruining projects and making drama untill they get what they want (and even continue after they got what they want). just see http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6918 or think of what happened with #donglegate.

Comment

• Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                But that's exactly what's been happening in this thread. To the exact letter.... Listen to yourself and how you use derogatories... Nobody wants to be treated like that, nobody.
                There is a tremendous irony that people that don't actually take part or contribute code are so upset about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nelson View Post

There is a tremendous irony that people that don't actually take part or contribute code are so upset about this.
                  Shall I even bother posting links and quotes to the huge number of long time established FreeBSD developers and committers that have walked away from the project over this toxic CoC...

It's all alt right troll man babys who are upset they can't harassment teh womenz anymore!

Comment

• Originally posted by BeardedGNUFreak View Post

Shall I even bother posting links and quotes to the huge number of long time established FreeBSD developers and committers that have walked away from the project over this toxic CoC...

It's all alt right troll man babys who are upset they can't harassment teh womenz anymore!

that's not who my statement was about

Comment

• Huh? That CoC looks like common sense. You used to not need such rules written because your parents taught you these things already. But some people these days... raised by wolves I say! It basically has zero affect on most normal people.

Carry on, nothing to see! Might as well write, "No murdering colleagues (attempting or otherwise)." as one of those rules.

Comment

Working...
                      X