FreeBSD Finally Gets Mitigated For Spectre & Meltdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lisa_arrowwood View Post

You make it sound like some sort of theoretical 'might happen' discussion.
    Actually I was alluding to a larger point. There are severe chilling effects when putting in place a big CoC with no provision for intent and good faith. It stifles free communication, which stifles free thought which is a severe problem. It's also why many open source projects do a lot better than large corporations that run on some severe sort of Code of Conduct.

https://archive.is/YnGGz

So, no, this isn't some theoretical discussion. This could happen tomorrow to any one of us.
    Thanks for the link. I also fondly remember DongleGate...

Comment

• Originally posted by duby229 View Post

And? All I could find there was one woman expressing her perfectly valid opinion on her own twitter account. What exactly is the problem with that? Is it freedom of speech you have a problem with? Is it individualism you have a problem with? I don't get why another persons opinion matters to you.
      Well this person is tasked with enforcing a very strict code of conduct. I have yet to see anything approaching this kind of behavior being tolerated coming from a man.

Comment

• Originally posted by nslay View Post

I had a second look at your CoC rants that completely derailed the thread...

This version of the CoC:

Pretty standard, common sense-type stuff right there. You get training at companies for the same stuff. Very annoying to be told what you already know because your parents taught you most of it. Well, except for the project-oriented aspects...

We're at page 13 in a FreeBSD thread because of you. What are you, the new Phoronix anti-BSD village idiot?
        That is the old CoC. But that got now replaced by the geek feminism wiki SJW CoC, which forbids virtual *hugs*.
        its hard to call that common sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by k1l_ View Post

That is the old CoC. But that got now replaced by the geek feminism wiki SJW CoC, which forbids virtual *hugs*.
          I doubt it'll even get enforced. I agree it is a stupid example. But it is probably not going to be enforced unless there are additional actions, like unwanted and repeated sexual invitations etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by xchris View Post

the 12? oh yes... on 2019
            Moron. 11.x
            POINTrelease, not release.

Comment

• Originally posted by nils_ View Post

Well this person is tasked with enforcing a very strict code of conduct. I have yet to see anything approaching this kind of behavior being tolerated coming from a man.
              I get it, so you're not willing to hold women to the same standard you hold men to. That sucks for you, but is your own damn fault. Treat women right and your bias will dissolve away.

Comment

• Originally posted by k1l_ View Post

Yeah, 'cause virtual hugs is what you should be doing with colleagues while working on professional software. FreeBSD may be open source, but it's a professional organization and team that conducts itself, *gasp* professionally...

It goes without saying, no virtual hugging colleagues while conducting official FreeBSD business.... because, common sense!

Comment

• The only bright side to this complete destruction of FreeBSD's reputation has been the nutty virtual hugs.

It is pure unfiltered sickening toxic feminism where they try to portray men as sexual predators who care unable to control their nasty urges. Even in simple online technical discussions. But it has acted as a way to detract people from the dangerous ideological weapon this toxic CoC is.

And, my god, the projection from the 'male feminists' over this toxic CoC is shocking. It's like watching some secretly child molesting priest screaming and foaming at the mouth at people about vile unpure sexual thoughts and actions.

Comment

• Originally posted by nils_ View Post

Actually I was alluding to a larger point. There are severe chilling effects when putting in place a big CoC with no provision for intent and good faith. It stifles free communication, which stifles free thought which is a severe problem. It's also why many open source projects do a lot better than large corporations that run on some severe sort of Code of Conduct.

Thanks for the link. I also fondly remember DongleGate...
                    Yes, although I would say there are very different dangers.

1. Stuff like DongleGate and others do act like someone poured molasses into the project because every single discussion needs to be self censored because there are SJWs looking for every possible way they can choose to be 'offended' by something a person says or writes. Dongle, master/slave, etc. Or realizing they are having a discussion with a project member who has been declared to have 'special status' and not wanting to risk being labeled a harasser or someone who's words 'reinforce systemic oppression'. Of course, that is the point of these toxic CoCs.

A massive pain and incredibly unhealthy for project. But not really dangerous.

2. The ideological witch hunts that are going on in other open source projects. Where dead weight project 'members' sit around at home with a magnifying glass through every person on he project's social media or other online presence for bits of wrong think. And then drag those 'guilty' of wrong think before an ideological star chamber run by wacko SJWs because everyone talented on the project is busy doing real work.

People keep pointing out how poorly written and defined these toxic SJW CoCs are.

It's not a mistake or incompetence. It is by design. Ideological enemies attacked by SJWs have already been declared guilty and the CoC/star chamber kangaroo courts type process is just the pretext for an already decided upon judgement on project members with wrong think.

This is what is scaring people away from FreeBSD. Completely innocent people are being hunted down who haven't even had interactions with toxic SJW team members and having their lives and reputations ruined.
                    Last edited by lisa_arrowwood; 21 February 2018, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Uhm, to chime in. What are you people talking about? I feel completely clueless reading post after post of ideological blabbering..

Comment

Working...
                      X