No announcement yet.

I've Had Enough & Today Everyone Has The Phoronix Premium Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'll admit part of the reason I havent signed up for so long was the process of setting up yet another account. to chime it with other long term suggestions for you: maybe consider a sign up/login flow via facebook/google/github? not sure how much work that is for you.

Comment

Thank you Michael for all your hard work,benchmarks and news you post daily, if i would be able to support you i would do it right away, too bad i am unemployed right now......
      Work less and pay attention to your loved ones, especially to your wife, take her on a vacation and don't even think about working for at least 2 weeks, i cant imagine how hard is it for you not having a single day off for more then 3 years and also for your wife...... take a break man, work is important, but life is short in earth, there are more important things as well...... Sorry for my English i tied my best Best wish to you and your wife as well

Comment

Michael thank you for your hard work, daily news and benchmarks, take it easy, don't work too much, pay attention to your loved ones especially to your wife, go to a vacation whit her, and don't even try to power up a PC or any device for at least 2 weeks this will help you a lot

Comment

Michael, check out http://prebid.org/ (repo at https://github.com/prebid/Prebid.js/) -- JS on the page acts as an ad aggregator and contacts multiple networks at the same time. You get to control the timeouts and the source code is open, so no broken tags. Ads are isolated into iframes, so no problems there, either..

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
            Michael did you double think about what may happen to your indicization if you enable single page articles to everyone by default?
            Indexing?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkFoss View Post
              Well I hope that you can find another intern like Eric. I enjoyed his articles.
              I'm still around, DarkFoss. I just haven't been doing as much due to the fact I'm in my last semester of college and desperately trying to find a job!
              All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by jatone View Post
                i'll admit part of the reason I havent signed up for so long was the process of setting up yet another account. to chime it with other long term suggestions for you: maybe consider a sign up/login flow via facebook/google/github? not sure how much work that is for you.

It would be nice to be able to log in on the front page too; when my vBulletin session expires, it usually takes about 20 seconds of waiting for ads to load before I can get to the login and return.

Comment

I will subscribe in about a week
                  Ads here show as "Unable to connect" as I kindly asked my DNS server to resolv them to 127.0.0.1 so that could help a little my 3MB crappy adsl that go under 1MB from time to time.

Note : I still have a "unable to connect" rectangle on top of the forum. Can it be because i'm logged on the forum but did not subscribe yet?

Edit : Add do not target me proprelly. It's usually stuff I own (eve-online ads when I already have like 12 account) or stuff like Amazon/ebay/mercadolibre (think I look on think i'm already watching to buy anyway). Or other service i'm already using... Ad based on site content would be good if it's possible.
                  Last edited by RavFX; 07 April 2016, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Michael,

I do not post much on the forums and whatnot and have long planned on subscribing to this site and will as soon as I feasibly can. Truthfully, take a break and get some rest. I will tell you honestly that this is the BEST Linux site for up to date news and all that I go to aside from Linux.com (which is in second place honestly). I couldn't do without my daily Phoronix visits and I love hitting the comment sections and reading peoples comments and what developers come on and say. It's great to keep tabs on such a close nit community that all works together and makes suggestions and all to each other and see the developers listening and commenting themselves. I typically am on here two to three times a day and as I said, definitely plan on subscribing... Just due to some "life challenges" right now as I'm sure we all have, it's tough for me personally now. But, in the meantime, please... Get some rest. The comments I've seen here show how much your readers care about you and how we'd all like to see you well and not burned out or having health issues due to overworking yourself. You have one hell of a website here but please take care of yourself first. Health is something you only have once. We of course will all be here when you get back.

Comment

Originally posted by Up123 View Post
                      Create a small section where Companies can post job openings for 100$ a month (just an example), you have many Linux experts on your website
                      Dude, that is a fuckin epic idea. Seeing as this is practically the ONLY good general purpose linux and nix centered tech news site, there is indeed a lot of experts who inevitably come here just to keep with the times.

Also Michael, you deserve a vacation.

Comment

Working...
                      X