X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments under articles.

make it Happen!

Comment

Forum adverts still overflow viewport on mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisb View Post
        Forum adverts still overflow viewport on mobile.

All the new site work is about the main site right now, not forums. More forum improvements will come later.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

The articles now have a very nice font under Firefox, and the font size is correct for both the articles and the forum, that?s great! No need to zoom in/out anymore.

Under QupZilla however, the font is smaller for the articles. I don?t know why.

Edit: I’m still not a fan of the new forum though… No blacklist, annoying and confusing automatic page scrolling, when I post something it appears at the bottom of the current page instead of the last page, anyone can see which threads I?m subscribed to. Oh and it eats my apostrophes. And then they reappear… Uh?
          Last edited by stqn; 05 July 2015, 11:16 AM.

Comment

So many comments I have not read, but I do have a question: Is it possible to add a stand-out separator per day? It's so much easier to find dates in the old version of Phoronix.

Something like:

===
            4 July
            ===
            3 July
            -----
            3 July
            -----
            3 July
            ===
            2 July
            -----
            2 July
            ===
            1 July
            -----
            1 July
            -----
            1 July
            ===

Comment

It's definitely better than old one on the mobiles but worst on the pc. On the pc it seems to be without personality. Fonts are too tiny and space on 16:10 is too much wasted.

Comment

I like the clean uncluttered look, but not so plain that navigation is a problem

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
                  I think the color contrasts are a bit of, it's a bit harder to read now.
                  Exactly. The design may be good for phones (didn't check), but it is ugly on desktop. Washed out colors, low contrast, flat UI.
                  The "modern" Win 8 dumbification of UI.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
                    So many comments I have not read, but I do have a question: Is it possible to add a stand-out separator per day? It's so much easier to find dates in the old version of Phoronix.
                    I asked the same thing. For now, you can tell the days are separated because of the banner ads, but showing the actual date would be handy.

Comment

Originally posted by aceman View Post

Exactly. The design may be good for phones (didn't check), but it is ugly on desktop. Washed out colors, low contrast, flat UI.
                      The "modern" Win 8 dumbification of UI.
                      Sorry that you find my work ugly, but it's nothing like Windows 8 UI. Windows 8 makes uses of slim, capital letters, saturated colors and sharp corners; these elements are distracting and hard to read.

My design focuses on a clean look, no borders and rounded corners while keeping the default font. The old layout made use of ugly gradients, bold fonts, different headers and text sizes, deformed layout due to ads not adapted to the container, capitol letters everywhere and was cluttered with a lot of unnecessary text. Just because you don't like flat UI (which makes it easier to focus on the content instead of the looks) doesn't mean it's ugly. And there are no washed colors - it makes uses of black, green and white, while this forum, for example, uses more colors which are closer to the background brightness than the main site.

Some of you think there is not enough contrast, well it's #333, while this forum uses #252C2F even on grey containers - that's less contrast. A lot of websites out there use even lower contrast, but of course, compared to the old site it will be have less contrast, but that doesn't mean it's not enough.

Anyway, I had more improvements ready for the site - wider layout on large screens, better contrast -for those who apparently need it- on links and articles, styled boxes for share buttons, etc. But Michael is not replying my emails.
                      Last edited by alazar; 06 July 2015, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X