DNS - Distributed Nasal Sanitation

Comment

I'm CDN and I'm sending out a PSA that I'll be doing free DNS

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
        ngix, good
        apache, not so good
        software and uplink more important than hardware and distribution
        Well, ideally you'd have so much RAM all your web contents can always be pulled from caches. You get pretty consistent high bandwidth no matter whether Apache or nginx that way. You can get so ridiculous throughput with either it isn't even funny

Comment

ads are the culprit?

You know what, this site does load pretty slowly for me... until I enable adblock plus, then it loads very fast indeed. When I dont have adblock, I can see all the ad networks the page tries to load, and some of them time out for a few seconds, so you get to see the address in the status bar in Firefox (sadly no more). In fact, I sort of use phoronix as a benchmark for whether the adblocker is working properly, due to the large difference in load times with/without.

I know you dissuade the use of adblockers Michael, but maybe you should choose better advertisers, that load faster, because it's not actually phoronix.com that slows page loads down for me (in Scandinavia).

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            Phoronix: Phoronix - Working Towards Faster Page Loads

As a PSA, this weekend I began playing around with a CDN and distributed DNS for speeding up the page load times on Phoronix...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ter-Page-Times
            any plans for tapatalk support?

Comment

Speaking of ads, does Phoronix get compensated for ads per view or per click? There are a number of advertisers I've been allowing, but some of the most annoying ones I still block. If it's per click, I've never clicked on one and don't plan to. If it's per view then I'll leave things as is.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                Speaking of ads, does Phoronix get compensated for ads per view or per click? There are a number of advertisers I've been allowing, but some of the most annoying ones I still block. If it's per click, I've never clicked on one and don't plan to. If it's per view then I'll leave things as is.
                For years, it's been paid per VIEW.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  For years, it's been paid per VIEW.
                  Cool, I've got most of them allowed. The way I have it set up right now probably 85% of them load. most of them are fine and don't get in the way. The only one that is truly annoying is the big pop up ad on first load. Most of the rest of them are fine, and I have them set to load like normal.

Comment

Working...
                  X