How to add test directory for FIO test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add test directory for FIO test

I been researching FIO test setup for some time now. In the test suite configuration for FIO there is a "Disk Target" with an option of "default test directory".

I have a test case where I need to test just a single FC mounted disk to see how the access times are with this disk.

I have the FC already auto mounted and formatted at location /data01/.

So I like all my FIO test to do all there test benchmarks from this /data01 but I can not find any documentation how to so this with PTS?

Any one here have a clue?

Andy

Easiest way is to just point the test installation director specified into ~/.phoronix-test-suite/user-config.xml to your desired disk.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

So I seen this suggestion before and I looked at the user-config.xml on the server and it not clear to me where to make this change.

Andy

Comment

The EnvironmentDirectory tag
        Michael Larabel

Comment

I also tried to use the build-suite but it never asked about the disk target. I was hoping it would.

Comment

I switched the EnvironmentDirectory tag in the install section to point to /data01/ to run the test as you say but i do not see any files created in the /data01/ on machine the test is running on.

Is there something i need to do on the test server or machine being testing to refresh this?

I was hoping that via the test suite creation i would be able to have more then just default test directory as an option just my 2 cents.

Andy

Comment

I have updated the Env Tag to point to /data01/ in the subsection of install. Now I re ran the test hoping to see a file in the /data01/ directory but I see nothing in there.

So i need to do something more for the new test directory to take on the test node?

Andy

Comment

Sorry for the spam did not notice it takes a while for the post to post.

I made all the changes but i do not see the test file show up on the node being tested.

Comment

So I made all the needed changes to the EnvironmentDirectory tag but I still do not see the tests in that directory I gave it. Here is the block from my config file with the changes.

Code:
                      <Installation>
                        <RemoveDownloadFiles>FALSE</RemoveDownloadFiles>
                        <SearchMediaForCache>TRUE</SearchMediaForCache>
                        <SymLinkFilesFromCache>FALSE</SymLinkFilesFromCache>
                        <PromptForDownloadMirror>FALSE</PromptForDownloadMirror>
                        <EnvironmentDirectory>/data01</EnvironmentDirectory>
                        <CacheDirectory>~/.phoronix-test-suite/download-cache/</CacheDirectory>
                      </Installation>
                  What am I missing?

/data01 is a mount point to FC disk.
                  /dev/mapper/data01-data01 1008G 200M 957G 1% /data01

Comment

Originally posted by gamekiller77 View Post
                    So I made all the needed changes to the EnvironmentDirectory tag but I still do not see the tests in that directory I gave it. Here is the block from my config file with the changes.

Code:
                     <Installation>
                    <RemoveDownloadFiles>FALSE</RemoveDownloadFiles>
                    <SearchMediaForCache>TRUE</SearchMediaForCache>
                    <SymLinkFilesFromCache>FALSE</SymLinkFilesFromCache>
                    <PromptForDownloadMirror>FALSE</PromptForDownloadMirror>
                    <EnvironmentDirectory>/data01</EnvironmentDirectory>
                    <CacheDirectory>~/.phoronix-test-suite/download-cache/</CacheDirectory>
                    </Installation>
                    What am I missing?

/data01 is a mount point to FC disk.
                    /dev/mapper/data01-data01 1008G 200M 957G 1% /data01
                    Did you run 'phoronix-test-suite benchmark fio' after that or what? Hard to tell what the issue is with not enough details or output provided to see what might be happening, but currently no known issues about fio and setting different EnvironmentDirectory.
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                    X