How to add test directory for FIO test

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add test directory for FIO test

I been researching FIO test setup for some time now. In the test suite configuration for FIO there is a "Disk Target" with an option of "default test directory".

I have a test case where I need to test just a single FC mounted disk to see how the access times are with this disk.

I have the FC already auto mounted and formatted at location /data01/.

So I like all my FIO test to do all there test benchmarks from this /data01 but I can not find any documentation how to so this with PTS?

Any one here have a clue?

Andy

Easiest way is to just point the test installation director specified into ~/.phoronix-test-suite/user-config.xml to your desired disk.
    Michael Larabel
    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

So I seen this suggestion before and I looked at the user-config.xml on the server and it not clear to me where to make this change.

Andy

Comment

The EnvironmentDirectory tag
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I also tried to use the build-suite but it never asked about the disk target. I was hoping it would.

Comment

I switched the EnvironmentDirectory tag in the install section to point to /data01/ to run the test as you say but i do not see any files created in the /data01/ on machine the test is running on.

Is there something i need to do on the test server or machine being testing to refresh this?

I was hoping that via the test suite creation i would be able to have more then just default test directory as an option just my 2 cents.

Andy

Comment

I have updated the Env Tag to point to /data01/ in the subsection of install. Now I re ran the test hoping to see a file in the /data01/ directory but I see nothing in there.

So i need to do something more for the new test directory to take on the test node?

Andy

Comment

Sorry for the spam did not notice it takes a while for the post to post.

I made all the changes but i do not see the test file show up on the node being tested.

Comment

Working...
                X