Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the disk benchmark showing wrong devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the disk benchmark showing wrong devices?

Hi I am new to testing wit PTS but I encountered behaviour, that I can only believe to be a bug.

I have 4 drives in system. 2 NVME, 1 SSD and 1 HDD.
    I installed Arch solely on one of the NVMEs ( a Force MP500). PTS is running from this drive, the others aren't even mounted.
    However the results of pts/disk claim to have tested my tested my SSD ( a Samsung EVO 850).

I found this thread from 2015:

I already changed the directory but I'm unsure what to do with that tip about the -f. Which file should I point it to? Should the -f go into the user-config or is it run with the command? The tip is a bit vague in that regard.

Anyways, since the system solely lives on the NVME I can't believe, that its really testing the SSD. I could live wit it if it where the only drive. But how should I know I'm benching the right one later on when changing the directorys to another drive?

A little light on this will be much appreciated.

Spend almost hour looking for explanation w/o success and then I noted "..aren't even mounted." .
    What you mean - physical, out of the pc case or just not present to the OS, but up and running ?

Comment

Not mounted into the filesystem. Neither through fstab nor manually.

Comment

same issue for me, maybe this weekend ill just detach the other ssd and check again

Comment

Working...
        X