• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kjell View Post
    Gentoo?
    Easy enough to build on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Anux View Post
      Exactly the places that you avoid looking because the results are an inconvenience for your strange argumentation. Kvazaar ugv266

How do you know that no one uses it? Are you working for the NSA?
      ugv266 is something I mentioned myself, can you even read?, and indeed nobody uses it, and indeed its performance doesn't apply to any workloads.

How do I know no one uses it?
      • Every Phoronix user has shat on VVC and all other patented codecs non-stop. For you the only relevant codecs are VP8, VP9 and AV1.
      • vvenc is both a ton faster (several times) and produces higher quality output, there's no point in using an all-around inferior tool for the job.
      • It's dead, abandoned and unsupported.
      Michael could have tested vvenc instead but it's heavy on hand-written assembly, so Clang and GCC will be very similar again. Like I said video codecs are not worth testing to compare compilers.

Senseless statements, zero argumentation from you. Goodbye.
      Last edited by avis; 25 April 2024, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brad0 View Post

Easy enough to build on your own.
        easiest on debian/ubuntu is their official script to install nightly binaries:
        Code:
        wget -qO-​ https://apt.llvm.org/llvm.sh | bash -s - 19 all     # or 'sudo bash' for non-root
        and in ubuntu docker container:
        Code:
         apt update && apt install -y wget lsb-release software-properties-common gnup
        before running llvm.sh.

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post
          ugv266 is something I mentioned myself
          And? Is there some law that no one can say anything that you have mentioned?

and indeed nobody uses it
          You for sure can provide a prove to that comical statement, what you can't? ... oh

[*]Every Phoronix user has shat on VVC
          What a lazy lie and even if, a few phoronix users are not the whole world population. Try to use some logic ...

For you the only relevant codecs are VP8, VP9 and AV1.
          What are you babbling? Where did I ever say such a thing? I may find AV1 to be a fine codec but I mainly use x264, it just has the best hardware support.
          [*]vvenc is both a ton faster (several times) and produces higher quality output, there's no point in using an all-around inferior tool for the job.[*]It's dead, abandoned and unsupported.
          Those are both no prove that no one uses it. It might be a good reason not to include it in tests. But of course one always has to take your statements with a grain of salt.

Senseless statements, zero argumentation from you.
          damn, sometimes you are so funny

Comment

Apart from open source games, nevertheless it would be relevant running a commercial heavy game on wine, when it's compiled using both gcc and clang.
            Then you will see how much the compiler affects the wine layer performances.

Comment

Working...
            X